Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Track percent complete for in progress tasks.

Currently the only status on the task is in progress, not started, completed, or late (if you assign a due date). It would be nice to have a percent complete entry for in progress tasks. I nice slider bar visual would be a good way to set it. This way it also opens it up for integration with other systems (like Project Online) to rollup percent complete of the plan to a high level task in Project Online.

481 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chad Olson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ismaaeelu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be very useful , especially to track the progress without checking out the details.

• Steve W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bearing in mind the years of experience Microsoft has in developing MS Project, I cannot believe MS Planner was launched with so much functionality missing. Percentage % complete is a no brainer and should be very quick and simple to include.

• Carsten B. Larsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if it was possible to add own status/progress. There are many ways of using this field and a lot of stuff would be cool, but just to be able to add own status/progress would rock

• Susanne Bergdolt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also for us, just having a status progress for a task is not sufficient. We would like to have either the option to enter percentage of completion in each task (10% steps would be ok), or e.g. an icon showing the progress. Currently there is only the half filled circle, that looks like 50% are done wihtin a task. Having two more icons - one for 25% and one for 75% would be OK as well if the percentage field would not be offered. With a more detailed information on progress, the diagrams and charts could show this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be great and perhaps necessary to have. If I could vote more, I would.

One nice thing about Planner is its simplicity compared to MS Project, but the percent complete feature would really enhance it's usefulness.

• RossL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the addition of viewing the schedule, the % complete options would be really useful particularly if you could visually track progress on the calendar. This would make it a really useful for project tracking as well.

• Jeudy Francisco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will be very helpful to add this functionality to planner
        Progress percentage is actually available in Outlook tasks

• Abdellah El Faize commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree.
        I use checklist option for now with 25%, 50% and 75% and once the level is achieved, I mark it complete, which I show on the card. it's a nice turn around, but definitely it's a great feature.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When task status (Progress) is set to "In Progress", a nice slider bar that would appear like this screenshot from Podio would be great - https://dab1nmslvvntp.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/1403983361podio-projects-detail.jpg

The slider would not replace the current Progress options but would instead be a separate field, perhaps only visible when task status is "In Progress". The above would greatly enhance Planner's usefulness as a project management tool.

While you're at it please also add a 'Waiting' status.

Yes the not started/in progress/completed statuses are really inaccurate. Without creating any complex options I would appreciate to have a visual indication of the progress of tasks

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base