How can we improve Planner?

Email Notifications and Alert Options

OK, so working out loud is good.... to a limit. Please enable settings that reduce the very high spam content currently coming from planner. Not everyone in the group wants to know ever movement on every task. Enable users to subscribe to various types of events on tasks. Hopefully at some time there will be some consistent settings like priority etc, that can be used as user selectable alert filtering.

1,874 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tas RansonTas Ranson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

159 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are TURNING OFF Planner as a result of this poor design. The Planner Team claims 14 months ago that they started working on it. It should be an easy feature and ridiculous it is still open :(

• BrendanBrendan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to be implemented, surely nobody wants this many emails... Perhaps a small 'subscribe' radio button to subscribe to changes/updates on a particular task?

• Austin JordanAustin Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be an ability to tag someone in the "comment" of a task, ie I want feedback on something I can do @person and it will email them.

• AmaraAmara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My colleagues don't get emails but little alerts under the alarm bell notifications on the top right, they're great. I on the other hand get nothing, even though we have her exact same settings. I wanted to love Planner buuuuut I think it sucks.

• Christopher GraceChristopher Grace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Derek. I was going to recommend a client adopt planner but am also unable to now that is see the notifications are broken. I just hate to see them step away from the integration that is office 365.

• DerekDerek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just another user here that's trying to get adoption of the new 365 tools with some people who are a little hesitant to move into the new platform. This email spamming is killing my efforts. You've asked for people to leave feedback but there are plenty of entries on here this year and the last message you've responded with is over a year old. Maybe you should get a team dedicated to these feedback forums. We're all feeling left out to dry.

• DanniDanni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi!

Is there any update on this now? If it is in place, I have missed how to do it. I really like using the planner but in one particular group I am updating the buckets/tasks with comments and I am starting to spam my Associate Director with comments for each task. Can you please let us know either way?

Thanks

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Planner product has so much potential but the high spam notifications are just killing user adoption (and not just for Planner, for Groups as well). Can you give an ETA on this? It looks like it's been over a year since you said you were improving the options.

• joejoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any update on this? it is literally killing user adoption within days of first use at our organisation, then its almost impossible to try and "resell" the move back , please can we have an update/or some timescales? many thanks

• Shawn VestShawn Vest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems to have been started over a year ago, but I have not seen an update since. I also don't see anything about this on the roadmap. When should we expect this change? I have users refusing to move from Trello because of this issue alone.

• Courtney JohnsonCourtney Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see Planner function the way Basecamp does, where I can choose who my comment will go to. That way if it's a one on one conversation, I can only send it to that individual. Then if its a group discussion, I can easliy send it to any additional people I need.

I would also like to see the ability to @mention a completely separate team.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need the ability to selectively subscribe to various elements in planner. The all or nothing is really putting off a lot of people on the use of Planner. Is it possible to use the @mention feature in a comment and have the comment to the task sent to that person?
        Items like this is keeping us from rolling out O365 Groups and Teams to the company.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base