How can we improve Planner?

Email Notifications and Alert Options

OK, so working out loud is good.... to a limit. Please enable settings that reduce the very high spam content currently coming from planner. Not everyone in the group wants to know ever movement on every task. Enable users to subscribe to various types of events on tasks. Hopefully at some time there will be some consistent settings like priority etc, that can be used as user selectable alert filtering.

2,104 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tas RansonTas Ranson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

175 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This topic is from January 2016!
        Please priotize this topic. I am not using the notification feature because it spams my email inbox.

• GregGreg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree on this one. Major issue. It's going to make everyone turn off notifications. Need to add notification features like in Asana. Assignee and anyone added to a task by the creator as a "follower" should get notified. Creator of the task should automatically be added as a "follower" for the task. Others can see it when they login to planner, but won't get e-mail notifications for every update.

Love using planner. Hate knowing every update I make is emailing all members of my MS team. Please prioritize.

Yes any update on this??? This is by far the most ANNOYING feature on the system!!

• Martin CottinghamMartin Cottingham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, this is shown as Started but when is it due, it is quite hard to keep on top of changes, either you get way too many emails or nothing, not very good.

Evelyn, your team members have to subscribe to the notifications in order to receive them.

• Evelyn ZhaoEvelyn Zhao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

None of my team is receiving any email notification after I ticked the box of Send notifications about task assignment and task completion to the Plan's conversation feed. The only person who received the email is myself..

We've been implementing Planner here and running into this is a show stopper. Having to choose between spamming employees or zero notifications severely limits the usefulness. Is there any update on when this will be resolved?

It would be great if this update could go through. The spam-like email blasts that occur make it hard to utilize Planner as much as my team would like to.

Very frustrating to receive all emails unrelated to a task assigned individually to myself.

• StephanStephan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still can't even receive a simple email letting me know a task was assigned to me (without subscribing to all Group communications).

For shame!

• EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are TURNING OFF Planner as a result of this poor design. The Planner Team claims 14 months ago that they started working on it. It should be an easy feature and ridiculous it is still open :(

• BrendanBrendan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to be implemented, surely nobody wants this many emails... Perhaps a small 'subscribe' radio button to subscribe to changes/updates on a particular task?

• Austin JordanAustin Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be an ability to tag someone in the "comment" of a task, ie I want feedback on something I can do @person and it will email them.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base