Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Gantt chart view

I want to be able to make tasks dependent on other tasks, and see them in a Gantt chart view.

6,217 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert McLaws shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

363 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Wolfgang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a look at Wrike, then you know why we use this product instead of Planner...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me the good way will be a light gantt view like the time line offers by monday.com

As a manager, I need to (obviously) manage my teams tasks and projects. Our company is currently moving to O365 and Teams. I would think that, since Microsoft wants to have everything work out of and through Teams, they would have the 'basics' of Team task/project management. Gantt charts are essential for this. Unfortunately right now, we have to use Smartsheets for Gantt charts. All I want is a single tool to do my task management and right now neither Planner or Teams is fitting the bill.

I just signed for Trello instead of Planner due to the lack of a Gantt chart. Honestly, MS? what a waste...

I think they are holding out to get people to buy into the Microsoft Project. As of now it looks like its and extra expense but can be incorporated into O365. They are probably running the numbers to see how many people buy Project as opposed waiting for a Planner integration. It's all about the money for Microsoft, unfortunately.

So? Any news? to be honest seems that Microsoft uses to publish apps on O365 when they are in "experiment mode", then stops the development. It's just a way to show to the customers that with O365 you can get a lot of tools, but actually none of them can be compared with third party tools.
        The "uservoice" is not important for Microsoft.

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft Please get on with your job and get this done!

In 2005 you could have owned the mobile market ..... But no... after reading all the reviews pointing out that you did not have a finger friendly interface everyone jumped ship on you! You then tried to force it through by buying the largest mobile company in the world (Nokia). But your miscalculations were so large you turned them into dust! (There are so many more examples of your failings of not listening to your customers!)

What is the point in building a "Planner" system only to shoot your self in the foot by not listening to your customers.

Do you want everyone to leave this system after testing and determining that it does not cut it? Then as a desperate attempt when nearly everyone has gone finally build a Gantt Chart? You could just avoid this misery and get on with your job? Build a decent system and your customers will stay with you...

Continue not to listen and say bye bye to everyone, then can the project in 5 years (like Windows Phone) and then wonder what went wrong.

I have been supporting your products for over 20 years and am completely sick of your echo chamber committees!

Please listen and do your jobs and stop the exodus of your planner customers to Asana, Monday, etc... Remember Planner is not free we pay for it!

Slow, slow, 2 years and the status is still "tell us more"? You could have done this 5 times in the period. It does not seem any improvements and new functionalities have been delivered in the last year. Waiting for it!

OK, it has been 2 years. The Gantt chart is the only easy, standard, quick way to understand and distribute complex timelines. I will be recommending to leadership that our very large Org (over 1000 people) moves away from Microsoft planner (and maybe 365) almost specifically due to this lack, as it makes us use other, overlapping software and creates chaos. Such a huge, simple miss from Microsoft. and this thread is two years old?!?!? So, either they are listening and don't care, or they care and aren't capable. It's crazy.

In addition to having tasks automatically update in the Gantt chart when they are updated in Planner, I want the reverse to happen when I update a task in the Gantt chart. I also want the ability to add a new task to Planner by adding a task to the Gantt chart.

• Micky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS Project is too "big" for me on most projects. Need a light mini-project tool, enabling doing Gantt charts, with TEAMS. I saw Wrike. Need something like that as part of the TEAMS environment.
        In Gantts - I would need the basic chart + simple connection between tasks. Much lighter than the MS Project. A lot lighter. Put in other words: I am a manager. I want to build a project Gantt to run by myself without assigning a person to run it. Then I'd like Planner to integrate with it and assign and manage tasks. Thanks.

Is the plan for this to become the web version of MS Projects? If so it must have GANTT chart functionality

• Geri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone with experience in project management of this nature NEEDs a Gantt chart. It provides an overview of project tasks that the calendar simply cannot provide.
        Dependencies is also a must! The ability to push an entire project deadline back because of one delayed task would be very helpful and would be used extremely often.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gantt Chart is a must...I'll keep using Trello until MS do something about this...

• Ishan Seth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

This would be an amazing feature to have, i hope you can find a way to get it done ASAP

• Eve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful for The Planner Team to release a Gantt chart of their own with new MS TEAMS and MS Planner functionalities we can expect to go live in 2019! Help companies plan around your development schedule so we know if/when we should shop around.

We would use this to actually "plan" our work. I have different resources working on projects that have dependencies on each other. A gantt chart would visually demonstrate where those dependencies are/ allow me to plan for dependencies.

Just been talking to marketing department. They want a planner with a gantt chart. Today I discovered Planner, but it doesn't have one.
        It's sortof a logical progression :-)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19

Feedback and Knowledge Base