Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Gantt chart view

I want to be able to make tasks dependent on other tasks, and see them in a Gantt chart view.

4,558 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert McLaws shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Tell us more  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thank you for your feedback!

We’d like to hear more about how you and your team would utilize a Gantt chart – please share the scenarios you have in mind. This will help us structure our conversations about pursuing this feature.

Cheers,

The Planner Team

249 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The gantt chart should allow three variants of entering gantt infos for tasks:
        1.) Start date and end date
        2.) Start date and estimated endurance.
        3.) Estimated endurance and end date.

• Mario H. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gantt Chart / Product Plan chart -- By using the start and end date you can graph this as product plan for feature releases

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need gantt chart for project team overviews and presentations. A simple gantt showing task names and dates would be fine to start with. Currently, it can be difficult to get task duration just by looking at the planner board since it only shows the due date and not the start date. I've tried using the schedule view, but that view is pretty much unusable.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only thing holding back us switching to using Planner. Really necessary for the project manager or lead to be able to present an overview of the whole project

• Rodrigo Beleze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm just awaiting this feature to change my team to office 365 enterprise.
        Gantt chart aligned with tasks and dependencies is essential in any app for project manager.

• DS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is high priority for me as Gantt charts are used throughout our departments. It would make the Teams adoption goes ALOT smoother as traditional project users can still use that style of planning

• Michel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to be able to link tasks together and have them depended on each other. This would be a great improvement to then be able to see them in the gantt chart

As all others are saying, a basic Gantt view is high priority for me. Simple view in a Gantt style to easily show an overview of all projects. Surely this can be added!?

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Less interested in a Gantt chart, but task, sub tasks, sub sub tasks, etc, dependencies and relationships across buckets management would be invaluable

As all others are saying, a basic Gantt view is high priority for me. Especially important as a communication tool.

• NH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just a gantt or timeline of all tasks, from start date to end date, regardless of bucket/progress. The same as SharePoint timeline view, no dependencies, would do me. We'd use it all the time just to see what's going on and what's coming up, do we need to fill the pipeline, are we stretched too thin. Zooming would be good but even if it showed a 3 or 6 month static view it's 80% there.

• Matt Humphreys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As multiple others have said - a standard view - a GANNT view is all that's needed - why is this so difficult? Please move this to at least "scheduled!!" OMG.

• Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just a standard GANTT view would be good enough. Even without dependencies between tasks it would suffice.
        Important is that the timeline can be zoomed in/out so that you can move from day to week to month view on one page

• Claus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

... or if you want to make something quick then just copy what Wrike has already done - you have almost everything in place for that, exccept for the actual gantt chart.

• Claus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this function just like the program Think-Cell - if you make it as simple to use as this tool, but integrated with the tasks, then everyone will be fighting to use your planning tool!

I think the Smartsheet model is close to how alot of user would wnat want to see this. This would need to include dependencies and ideally a fe custom fields that could be added to a Task, such as <Estmated hours< and <Actual>. To work with a Gant effectively, you also need to have a list view again similar to the way Smartsheets handles this.

• Kush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Internal process approval management. where multiple departments are reliant on completing task concurrently and interdependently. the ability to associate and highlight dependence is crucial to the success of any project. small or large.
        A Gantt chart view of these activities and easily illustrate accountability and responsibilities of tasks and buckets.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base