Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Gantt chart view

I want to be able to make tasks dependent on other tasks, and see them in a Gantt chart view.

6,806 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert McLaws shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

422 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James Ward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time I present this to colleagues I get asked "so how can I see where we are on a task?"

The lack of a simple Gantt view is killing my adoption here and is making this seem a bit of a joke/toy to my teams.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So....any news on this?

Given that this is supposed to be a project planning app, Gantt chart view and task dependencies is kind of a must.

Just look at how Wrike manages tasks. We desperately need a gantt chart view. This is basic project management stuff. As for dependent tasks, MS Planner currently allows a "checklist" on a task, but you should be able to organize tasks into subtasks, and subtasks into further subtasks, etc. Again, look at the functionality of Wrike.

Hallo Guys from Microsoft. This was 2016 , Wahlamts going on today. We also think , that to See bückest and so on in an gantt view would extremes helpful.... thank you for an short review...

• Michael Wimsatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

coda.io has an excellent implementation of this - Gantt, Kanban, Table - all customizable views of the same underlying database.

in order for planner to improve for business purposes, the ability to do reporting, Gantt's, and dependencies, is necessary.

Hi. My customer wants to stop using Planner and will use Wrike instead because Wrike has a Gantt view and tasks dependencies. Will this features even been planned? Thanks.

Really needed as a basic overview for sharing a planning. Any outlook on this task?

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, some kind of gantt chart would be pretty helpful. Even a basic one.

Would be great to have a Gantt view and be able to link tasks. When are you planning to launch this??? Is this on the roadmap???

Kalene, I agree. I would love to see some visualisation enhancements that allow project(s) to be presented in various ways.
        It is just extra work to create these views in Excel or Powerpoint.
        Not everyone has access to MS Project and not every project needs MS Project.
        I use the timeline view to visualise the overall program for the next 12 months, I show the dependencies between these plans and tie these to business benefits :)

A Gnatt chart view would be of great help, hope that the developers see the need to go ahead!

• Markus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Monday.com does it in a great way where you can add multiple views on top of your tasks and switch from GANTT style to Kanban.

• Kalene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would LOVE a Gantt style view. A timeline is really all that's missing from Planner. We make do without it since Planner is included in our 365 licenses, but that's what we really want to be most productive. Otherwise, we're forced to create our own timeline externally, which wastes time.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How would my team utilize a Gannt chart? Simply to visualize the plan (especially presenting to management) and to validate critical path where dependencies exist.

Being able to add dependencies (utilizing the unique URL for the task perhaps) helps to ensure tasks are completed in logical order and identify a critical path.

I think that any of us requesting these features are seeking just to have our project plans presented in a readily readable way and some basic analysis, amongst our teams (and especially to management). I don't think we are asking for fully-fledged MS Project capability.

Would love to be able to use this for planning in Teams, but without a Gantt view and predecessors/dependencies, it's unuseable.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22

Feedback and Knowledge Base