How can we improve Planner?

Gantt chart view

I want to be able to make tasks dependent on other tasks, and see them in a Gantt chart view, similar to TeamGantt.com.

1,596 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert McLawsRobert McLaws shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

62 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here is feedback and nobody respond to this need almost 1600votes microsoft? We neeed this thing

Agreed. I want to be able to use this with my teams, but find myself needing a separate Gantt chart--which inevitably leads to chaos. This is an absolute must!

• Joseph ThornleyJoseph Thornley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planner without a Gantt chart is a severely hobbled offering. It is not worth the effort to enter and manage the data unless I can generate Gantt charts. Please add this feature. Please. Sooner rather than later.

• Andrew SteeleAndrew Steele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

16 months, 1,400 votes and yet no timeline or Gantt chart feature. I'm honestly not surprised because it's Microsoft. I understand Microsoft is trying to protect cannibalization of other MS products like Project, but so often they obviously fail to see the competition outside their own product offerings. Considering that this is part of a paid service I expect better. This tool is useless in a team/engineering environment without additional features. There are better free options.

• SabrinaSabrina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be also great to have the gantt chart be sorted by assigned member project (buckets)

The SharePoint Task List can be integrated with Project and can be viewed as a Gantt Chart. Why not allow Planner to be integrated with the Task List?

For most users the Planner dashboard would be a consolidated view of all tasks they had across multiple projects.

• Martin CottinghamMartin Cottingham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wrike has this functionality and is a very rounded tool compared to Planner. MS need to increase the pace of development on Planner if it is to be adopted, organisations need a complete planning tool, not a cut down Trello.

• Joe MartinJoe Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have recently tried Apps4.Pro Planner Manager which offers Gantt view for tasks in Planner. Worked great and I can manage the tasks efficiently now.

An enterprise planning tool needs Gantt functionality. I agree with Dustin that without it its just a simple planner. Honestly we were expecting more.

• Jose AndradeJose Andrade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The benefit of Gantt functionality, is to be able to present to C-suite execs who are likely NOT to adopt more agile methodologies. Adding this functionality will help in closing this very big gap because ultimately those execs are the decision makers.

• Ronaldo TRonaldo T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Todos queremos que esto este disponible, ojala y el equipo de desarrollo le ponga un poco mas de interes a este punto

• ChristienChristien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is needed is something with a timeline to make the planning of the tasks/buckets visible.

A Gantt View organized by User allows one to view too many commitments that may be unrealistic, and then switch Gantt organization by buckets or process.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base