How can we improve Planner?

Provide the ability to create Plan templates with existing tasks that can then be used to create a new plan

Rather than having to create every plan from scratch it would be good if the system allowed for the creation of Templates with pre-existing tasks (like in Word/Excel). This would allow a new plan and its tasks to be created from a template saving a lot of time.

2,567 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matthew KirkMatthew Kirk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Planner TeamAdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Hello, thanks for the feedback. This feature is planned on our roadmap. We’ll provide more details as we get closer to starting development.

263 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AJ FleetAJ Fleet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Planner really excited me until it became clear it is completely unusable without the ability to template projects. Please could we have an update as it doesn't appear to be listed on your roadmap anymore.

Thank you for all the great work thus far.

AJ

• Albert AcevedoAlbert Acevedo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

This would be high impact in my productivity and save me lots and lots and lots of time!
        Please prioritize this.

Thanks for your help,

Albert

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cant even see this item on the roadmap any longer ..... can we please get an update? Planner is useless without this feature!

Hoping for an update--looks like this has been requested a lot over the past year.

Need an update on this. Planner is useless for my organization if templates are not part of it.

@admin this was raised Jan 2016 and you said on May 2016 it is planned and it's now 13 months later. Where is it? Seems to be the most requested feature with several threads on this totaling several thousand votes.

• Frederico A FerreiraFrederico A Ferreira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Microsoft, when is this being released ?! Offering a card duplication or copy/past feature would be a quick alternative to solve a major flaw / drawback of Planner that thousands of users are requesting and complaining about. In oct/16 you innformed that is was in the roadmap an "in development": https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onedrivefb-mso_o365brs/duplicating-a-task-in-planner/1c2dd94d-7a94-4dfb-9167-6f789b1dd82f. Now it is gone... WHAT IS GOING ON? Seriously, you need to hear your customer's feedback and respond quickly if you want to be competitive in the long term

• EmmanuelEmmanuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm introducing Planner to my team, and templates would be a priority. Please give some update about it. Thank you

• MichelleMichelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes I support the idea of being able to create a base template to duplicate common tasks in a plan.

I don't understand. This has been a planned feature for over a year. When is this very basic feature going to be available???

Planner is absolutely useless to me without the possibility to work with templates.
        Any updates? The item doesn't even exist on your roadmap..

• MitchellMitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An ETA would be useful for me as well. This feature is the difference between me being able to heavily use Planner for project workflow management and not using it at all.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any status update? We're rolling out Planner and this was one of the first requests from our users.

• EldoEldo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really appreciate if someone from the planner team update the status once a while about he progress.

• Joe CJoe C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to template plans would be great for activities such as onboarding new employees.

Any updates on this planned functionality?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base