How can we improve Planner?

Provide the ability to create Plan templates with existing tasks that can then be used to create a new plan

Rather than having to create every plan from scratch it would be good if the system allowed for the creation of Templates with pre-existing tasks (like in Word/Excel). This would allow a new plan and its tasks to be created from a template saving a lot of time.

2,266 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matthew KirkMatthew Kirk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Planner TeamAdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Hello, thanks for the feedback. This feature is planned on our roadmap. We’ll provide more details as we get closer to starting development.

213 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see this listed anywhere on the 365 road map. What is the status. This post is from over a year ago. Thanks.

• MartyMarty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For now, can you just add the ability to duplicate a plan? Just create an instance of it in code. That way we can just create our own templates and duplicate those. This shouldn't be too hard to implement!

Templates??? Can I create templates for a project and then assign it to people or share it? Workflow will be used in a effective way. Without tamplates Planner is quite useless.

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why hasn't there been an update by the Admin on this for over a year? Please provide an update! This feature is essential.

• Jay CroyleJay Croyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to this which is a GREAT idea, would also great to be able to "copy buckets" within a Plan.

• Tammy KentTammy Kent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have feature for teams that manage multiple projects. A huge time saver.

We are looking at using Planner in our organization, but without the ability to re-use tasks it won't make sense for us. As per the comments below, it's very time consuming to re-create tasks for each new project. I'm not a programmer, but I would have thought that creating templates/duplicating plans/copying tasks between plans would not be a difficult feature to add. Trello and other alternatives to Planner have this feature.

• Sergio GiustiSergio Giusti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last admin comment was May 25th 2016, more than 12 months ago and this has been removed from the office-365-roadmap, its no longer in development, isn't being rolled out, hasn't been cancelled, its just vanished. Please provide a response as to what is happening with this feature request as although planner is very good, it needs templates and the ability to save a previously created plan as a template.

• Adam WeekesAdam Weekes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems to be a huge oversight here, I've been using planner for half an hour and I've already had to search for templates and it's really disappointing that it's one of those features the dev team can't get interested in but is essential for proper adoption.

It doesn't appear in the roadmap!!! as of 4th June 2017... without templates it is far too time consuming to create multiple/repetitive plans.

It is more than a year later since Admin planner posted this comment!!!

DOes anyone in the team actually act on these comments?

• Stu StokesStu Stokes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Guys,
        We are looking to move across from Wrike (too detailed) to Planner. However, not being able to create templates or at a minimum duplicate a plan (I can see this may be an issue as it creates a Group at the same time) but, without we can't make the switch.
        Cheers,
        Stu

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base