Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Provide the ability to create Plan templates with existing tasks that can then be used to create a new plan

Rather than having to create every plan from scratch it would be good if the system allowed for the creation of Templates with pre-existing tasks (like in Word/Excel). This would allow a new plan and its tasks to be created from a template saving a lot of time.

5,844 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matthew Kirk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In development  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Hello and thanks again for your feedback!

As an update, we’re in the final phases of providing the option to copy a plan. We’re working on wrapping up the finishing touches, then we’ll be testing this feature thoroughly so it’s ready for everyone. We are very excited to deliver this initial capability and will continue to utilize your feedback to make this even better!

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

615 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anna J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just started using Microsoft Planner, and the natural next step after creating my first plan was to duplicate the plan I created for another purpose. Really annoying having to re-create the new plan from scratch.

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd be happy to be a beta tester for this feature. Been excitedly waiting for this tool for our on boarding tasks.

• Jonathan Nathanson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi - this is an important feature and is really holding us back. How long will it take for this feature to be tested?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hurry! Please! I create a new plan for each migration client and as of now, I have to copy 20 to 30 tasks one at a time! The ability to copy an entire board is a core necessity.

• Hamid Emamekhoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This ability of creating plan templates or duplicate a plan should be prioritized. I think this is hurting the use of this great application tremendously. As this is used by many managers, having the option of duplicating a plan is extremely helpfu. To be honest, I don’t know why this was not even included in the first release...

• Christian Geyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My workaround and I think it's an answer to this. I utilize a Bucket "Templates" to house formats for repeated use. Then the team just utilizes the copy feature and renames their task.

Agreed - I would like to use Planner but without the ability to re-create processes quickly by copying we will look at another product.

Hi Planner Team. Anything new about the release of the copy-a-board-function? Would be a nice X-mas present this year! Thanks to MS Santa in advance.
        P.S.: I was an awful good boy! Really!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31

Feedback and Knowledge Base