Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Provide the ability to create Plan templates with existing tasks that can then be used to create a new plan

Rather than having to create every plan from scratch it would be good if the system allowed for the creation of Templates with pre-existing tasks (like in Word/Excel). This would allow a new plan and its tasks to be created from a template saving a lot of time.

6,221 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matthew Kirk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In development  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Hello and thanks again for your feedback!

As an update, we’re in the final phases of providing the option to copy a plan. We’re working on wrapping up the finishing touches, then we’ll be testing this feature thoroughly so it’s ready for everyone. We are very excited to deliver this initial capability and will continue to utilize your feedback to make this even better!

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

676 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having this functionality would be awesome.
        Would love an update when this becomes available

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AH! Planner team, this is amazing news! Do you have an anticipated launch date?

Hi Team,

Till when we can expect this feature available in planner? Any date finalised?

Commenting to stay informed as to the release. We are using Tasks in a box and are wanting to migrate.... this is the only feature keeping us from moving over.

Bringing on additional PMs. I've made due with manually re-creating plans but this will be a hard sell for the incoming project managers. Might have to switch to an alternate platform to fulfill our needs. It would be helpful to show my team an update from the Planner Team with their estimated rollout for this feature to keep them and our company on the hook.

Last update on this was 2+ months with final phase. My users are needing this feature. Can you provide us an anticipated release?

And be able to copy a bucket as well. It should not be hard to progamme. That would save a lot of time. We would like to try to use it as a production.planner. If we could be able to make our own templatebucket with for instans 12 assignments. Then we can copy the hole bucket and give the bucket a new customer name. And the all the assignments will follow the new customer name/ bucket /file set (you choose the right name for that).

Could you confirm the estimated time of delivery of this feature as we have no news for 2 months now and it was in final phase in November? Thanks.

How can I get notified when this feature is live? It's the only thing keeping my company from using Planner. Thanks!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34

Feedback and Knowledge Base