How can we improve Planner?

Link Planner with Office 365 Tasks

It would be great to have the option to make tasks created in Office 365 Tasks available in Planner

1,209 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dexter RobersonDexter Roberson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nash / ConvergysNash / Convergys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can assign specific tasks to members of the group, however, no notification or reminder can be set. (would be helpfull)
        Please make Tasks created on this tab sync to Outlook Calendar.

• KarenKaren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to have a button under Actions in email/Tasks similar to the one for One Note that would send an email/Tasks to Planner? I use that button heavily and have been resistant to moving to planner as there is a lot of connectivity between the other Office 365 apps that I would be duplicating work instead of simplifying it.

• ScrutScrut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only that, Microsoft should consolidate ALL task/todo lists in the Office 365 ecosystem and integrate them everywhere:

If one adds a task to a Sharepoint Task list and assigns it to me, if I add a task to Planner, if I use ToDo on my Android device, or if I set a follow-up on an eMail in Outlook, it should all go to the very same task database.

So when I open "my tasks", all the above must show up there. One single location.

• Max KillingerMax Killinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, nobrainer to have one central task repository to work on with drifferent tools. Central data is Office 365 ..

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have set up a flow from Tasks to Planner but it doesn't seem to sync the tasks in to flow...any time line on when this will be fixed and integrated...?

• EdzkoEdzko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to have the ability to create a hyperlink to a task in Planner.
        We need to have the ability to add a hyperlink to a task in an email, or attach a reference to a task in any other documents. This would also provide - at least some - capability to link tasks.

• JaneJane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planner is a great solution to replace centralised task list that use to be available via mysites in Sharepoint - but it doesn't integrate with Sharepoint task lists! Ideally I need a sharepoint task list that already has a timeline and all the features I need to be able to consolidate all user tasks in Planner so that each person can see all tasks for all Outlook / 365 groups / projects via the Planner dashboard

• Phil SmithPhil Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was very hopeful that planner would be a great tool and addition to the 365 portfolio. Twelve months on and little has changed. The issues that most people have voted for were obvious. So why does it take so long to fix the issue of task integration. In a video published in Nov 15 at the same time as planner preview, entitled Office 365 Tasks API https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTCqW1IMr-I the speaker heralds the arrival of Planner and explains with great enthusiasm that Planner has been built using the Tasks API and Graph. Am I missing something or is this assumption simply incorrect? If the Tasks API was used as the foundation for Planner, why doesn't it work, why is the status for this improvement set as "thinking about it" if the functionality is there already and why does it take 12 months to fix it? Please update us - we have been waiting too long...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you have a button to Planner to add tasks to the Calendar and vice versa? Thanks

• Ray MartinRay Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree I looked into using Planner to day and wanted to send my outlook task to planner and do not see a way to do it. This would be so helful!

• Gregor WalterGregor Walter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In general it looks like a good tool, but I am also missing one central place for my tasks. Wunderlist looks like a good, simple choice for that. If it would sync the tasks there into a separate folder, would be great.

• Kevin McIntoshKevin McIntosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Am I missing something had a look at planner, add some task then went to look for them in my outlook tasks? not there Really ?? big fail

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base