Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matija Hanzevacki shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Hello,

Thanks for all your feedback and for using Planner. We’re happy to announce that new Planner mobile apps are now available for Android phones and iPhone. This is just the start and we look forward to adding many additional features to these apps in the coming months. Please let us know what you’d like us to add by continuing to suggest and vote for features.

Here’s a blog post with some more information:
    https://blogs.office.com/2017/05/31/announcing-the-microsoft-planner-mobile-app-for-iphone-and-android/

Android App:
    http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.planner

iPhone App:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-planner/id1219301037?mt=8

We’re still have a Windows Universal App in the plans and you can vote for it here: https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/19461631-windows-universal-app

168 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • J.Schirra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First of all, many thanks for the timely delivery of the first release of a mobile app for the iPhone. In addition, I would like to express my absolute satisfaction with the current scope of delivered features. It is still basic, but also sufficient to work with the app in the beginning.
        However, I am also a bit disappointed. Given the original header of this feature request and also having a look on the statement in the official Office 365 roadmap, I believe we all expected mobile apps for all iOS based devices on the roadmap. This is not restricted to iPhone, but also includes the iPad.

To say it quite frankly: Most of us probably have a much bigger need to get a native application for the iPad instead of the iPhone.
        The typical use case for using Planner is, that people participate in a daily stand up neeting and need to discuss the Status of existing items or even create new items. In such a Situation you will never use your laptop, but also not the iPhone, because the laptop is too inconvenient due to ist weight to handle in front of a group where all participants do stand, the iPhone however is certainly too small and to basic to be used in such a daily stand up meeeting.

It is indeed possible to install the iPhone app on an iPad device, however, once you did this, you will never use it. Due to the fact, that it is not optimized for the larger display, it looks incredibly terrible and you cannot really use it. Give it a try and you will see what I mean.

I hope, that Microsoft did not intend just to support the mobile experience on the iPhone device, but is also working on an optimized native app for the iPad, using the larger display for a more comfortable and convenient working experience and offering similar if not even the same amount and type of features like it is the case for the browser based Planner software.

Happy to get a hopefully promising statement from the Microsoft development team for Planner.

Best regards,

Joachim

• Michael Skoglund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to have a mobile app is great on the phone but where I can really make this benefit is from an enterprise perspective is if there was a native iPad app. We have a large number of iPad Air / iPad Pro users that were very excited about this only to be disappointed that it wasn't built for the tablets. Is this planned?

• Oleg K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can only install it by doing Google search in a browser. Play store search can't find it. Also one can only complete, comment and browse, you can't add tasks or plans, nor delete them. Very limited. And the navigation is not very good. Scrolling down or up is often registered as a try to swipe sideways. This is very bad.

• LAE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is great that there is now an iOS app but it can't handle multi-factor authentication like Teams and SharePoint are able to.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, the Android app does not appear to be available to download in Ireland. Can you please advise when the Android app will be released in Ireland? Thanks

• Mike norris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Big issue I've noticed with the iOS planner app - I have Planner attached to a tab within a Teams Channel but that Planner/tasks list is not seen by the planner web and therefore, the iOS app.

• David Nichols commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a massive downfall of the product. Web is great for some users... but others don't like it in a browser as it gets lost among my other 50 tabs.

I think for Planner to take off it needs a mega app. I want an app that brings it all together. I want an app that allows me to access Planner, OneNote, Email, Calendar in one great big app.

• J.Schirra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi David,

this sounds very good. Thumbs up. However, in itTunes Store, I have not found anything to download. Are you sure, that MS released it already?

Thanks for any help.

Best regards from Europe.

Joachim

• David Trounce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft released an iOS native app for Planner last week 5/17/17. It's very much a version 1.0, but it's a real step in the right direction.

Needed features:
        * View tasks by due date across all plans
        * View tasks for another person across all plans
        * Search text to find plans or tasks
        * Move tasks between plans
        * Offline edit with sync. Offline read is in place, which is advantage over web
        * Zoom out to see more taks
        * Landscape view for iPhone+
        * Create new plans via app

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have MS To Do, I do not think it integrates with Planner if the mobile has started, when will the desktop UWP type coming, Microsoft seem to want developers to develop for IOS, Android, desktop and/or UWP Windows Phone, why is Planner team not showing devs how they can do this!

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I noticed we can use Planner with Android mobile. using internet browser URL is tasks.office.com the login using your Office 365 details. Planner comes up. Looks just like the web browser version. very slick indeed.

• venkata yerrapothu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't login with my office 365 account? Brings back to login screen always after entering the email address. No issue with other office 365 applications.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can login, but you will only see plans where you have assigned tasks.
        All other plans, where you have access via browser, are not shown up in the planner app.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base