Export to Excel
Ability to export Plan data to Excel
Thank you again for your feedback on this feature. We’re happy to announce that we’ve just finished rolling out Export to Excel to all Planner users.
Please give it a try and let us know what you think! If there’s something you’d like us to improve upon, please find and vote on that suggestion or create a new one so we can prioritize accordingly.
The Planner Team
Renaud COLAS commented
Nice start !
to go further toward a more usable export :
* choose export language (really appreciate to have localized export, having language choice would ease in internationnal usage)
* move 3 first lines (plan name, ID, date of export) tocolumns in order to have a raw database. This could also be usefull when the "export all plan" feature will be developped (as requested in other comments) .
* dates are not recognized by Excel
* Excel pivot chart not able to recognize the chart when a single cell is selected, hence need to select the complete export chart
* checkbox lists are missing in the export (only number of check boxes)
* ability to import excel into Planner (update/replace all/create)
* not working when using planner in Teams
any question, feel free to ask :)
It's not showing as an option for me.
Tony Basso commented
This is great, Thank you! 1 suggestion, the task IDs come out as gibberish alphanumeric with symbol caracters. It would be useful if they had sequentiel numeric IDs
This is a great addition, thanks MS. A couple of suggestions for taking it to the next level:
1. Add the export option to the ellipsis on each plan card in the Planner Hub.
2. Provide an option to export to Excel from ALL plans (which you have access to). This will provide huge benefits such as being able to show everything you've completed since your last appraisal! At present I'd have to export and merge info. from 8 different plans.
Magnus Ramfelt commented
Thanks for your job with this feature. A big step in the right direction. Keep the updates coming :-)
Gökhan Biçer commented
thank you, this is great
Great stuff, thank you very much. I found that this didn't work on my desktop version, however, if you use the open in Web icon at the top right of the screen you can export from the web version.
Completed... Are you sure? It looks like a MVF (Minimum Viable Feature).
- Dates are not recognized as Excel Dates
- Columns list and ordering of columns is carved in stone
- Comments are not exported
That's great, thank you very much!!!
Thanks a lot! Very useful feature. I need attachments also!!!! It is very important to see more info if needed and if a link in the attachment is another task, we need an internal link to this task in same excel to see the dependency between tasks. This is very useful when analizing the impact of what is happening in one task. Very useful for Risk Management and Evaluation of Impact.
Jeff Brown commented
Good one and Import from Excel will be even more useful
RYAHAL Onka commented
This is great - but would definitely like to be able to also export an individual task with comments, timestamps and the user who made them.
Update not available on my version - no 3 dots beside schedule??? Any advice on how to update my version?
Thanks! That is definitely helpful! Could you please add 2 columns in Excel showing the latest comment of each task (if any) and the date of that latest comment (if any)? That would be even more helpful for tasks progress analysis!
Great! now I think we are missing the import feature
Denise Adams commented
Looks great! Just one suggestion - maybe include the check list number with the concatenated data? I know it can be reordered so it would just be point in time but it might make it easier to read. I'll open a new suggestion item. Good stuff!!
this has been rolled out and should be marked as so
Dattatraya Pawar commented
Thanks for adding export to Excel option. I need to export multiple plans to single Excel file to summarize all the tasks for my team.
Bernd Großhans commented
Many thanks for providing the Excel export!
To be able to make use of this feature, we also would need the comments (including time stamps and user names) to be included into the export. We store important info regarding tasks' history in the comments, so omitting them in the export unfortunately is not helpful for us.
Thank you for adding this feature!
I have a first feed back, and it's a PRIMARY request to make sense to this feature.
We need a linked file (as a Query); not a static file.
At now, I manage tasks in Planner, and in excel my Resp. insert Priority and estimated Time completion in two column out of planner.
It's very important to have a file up to date in real time for Planner extracted colum!
thank you in advance