• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thank you for the feedback! We love that our customers are interested in utilizing Planner in this way.

As a first step, we have added exporting to Excel to our roadmap and have changed the title of this thread to focus the conversation on this feature. Our team would love to hear more about the specific scenarios you would like to use this for so that we can build the best possible experience around this!

Thanks!

213 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a response to the Planner Team's request for specific scenarios. Our team needs a way to print the cards as they currently appear in each bucket. Think of a table with columns equal to the number of buckets (e.g. 6 buckets = 6 columns). Each card is represented as cell underneath the corresponding column (e.g. if one bucket has 6 cards, then there are 6 cells within that column). The cells contain the name of the project and I suppose you could concatenate the name with the unique card number.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to report what activity there has been on each task in the last period (e.g. week). Our buckets are set up as a workflow so movement between buckets would be great to know. We also need to be able to track when a task is getting close to overdue.

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to export a progress report of each planner/bucket including the task/action details would be very useful to enable reporting to committees etc

• Vieira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're trying to switch from Basecamp to Planner, but small things like these keep holding us back: no import/export makes it a pain to bring all the stuff we have from Basecamp into Planner. The other negative is the fact that MS still haven't put a desktop version of Planner on the roadmap. As it stands, it's simply another web-based tasklist, and Basecamp will keep kicking Planner's butt unless MS starts picking on the "must have" things (e.g. import/export) and differentials (e.g. desktop version, just like Teams).

• Iurii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having one or several plans exported to Excel will make my management except the planner as the task management tool, please add it to the product!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Badly need this. Single show stopper to use planner. Cannot report data back to management. Weekly accomplishments/ status

Many of our projects are repeated (i.e. the tasks in the plan are the same). Currently we manually create the buckets and tasks for each plan. If we could import the buckets and tasks from a spreadsheet, or even copy a plan, it would save us hours in admin time.

• Jens Fossen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need ways to present data from Planner plans. Excel export is what my team is most comfortable with.

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our IT Dept. is working on moving our entire team out of Asana for small project/task management, and into Planner. The biggest hurdle is convincing everyone to move their hundreds (or even thousands) of tasks and projects from Asana into Planner. At present, this all has to be done manually.

We can already export our project lists from Asana in CSV/Excel format. If Planner had an import feature, we could re-arrange the Asana CSV to match Planner's fields, and be done with this in mere hours.

Instead, we're herding cats, trying to convince everyone that the light on the other side is better than staying the course... This is a MAJOR barrier to adoption.

import/export is a must. For our use we cannot use this functionality until importing is available. Please add.

• Pierre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Christmas Wishlist

Some easy ways to publish it to external people.
        - Slides
        - Excel Lists

Or more complexe one
        - Odbc connection

• Rick Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are often required to report back to management with the tasks that we are working on or have undertaken across many Teams. Management would like to see these tasks unified in one document so they can roll it up in their reports, therefore, Excel is the best format for them.

I am looking for exporting data with mailnly following fields

Task
        Assigned to
        Planned start date
        Planned end date
        Actual start date(Infered)
        Actual end date(Infered)

I want 2 things:
        1. Grid view within Planner
        2. Export to Excel (for flexible, granular reporting & any other ad hoc analysis needed)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base