How can we improve Planner?

Import / Export from / to Excel, Project, etc.

Ability to import and export Plan data to and from Excel, MS project, etc.

1,222 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

82 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • snhoesnhoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planner would gain more traction if it were able to import/export projects via Excel, text files, XML, et al, for reporting and for when projects were begun in another tool or format, or in the absence of any tool. Started using Planner over SharePoint Tasks because could group Tasks (into Buckets) and group those groupings into projects (Plans). The Plan-specific file storage, notes, and other features have worked out well, also. However, being able to import projects (Plans) already begun elsewhere is highly desired.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is urgently needed, from a Project Management perspective a planning tool that does not allow an export of the data to perform Reports is counter productive.

• Sean PerdewSean Perdew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to use the planner to manage tasks, but need to export the list, assignees and status for reporting to management

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I started to use it months ago along with my team and it all worked well. We now really need to have an option to export the data in some way. It doesn't matter the format, just have a way to get the information out of there. Without it we'll have to move away from using Planner, soon I guess.

Import functionality would be extremely useful. Additionally, integration with outlook task extremely helpful.

Need this ability! it would be great to import /export excel (and csv), Project, SharePoint at minimum. integration with outlook tasks would be helpful.

• G TGG TG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doesnt help if its an outlook add in. Will give it a try if it is an excel add in. Thanks

This is essential. I still use SharePoint task lists solely because I can export it if it grows in complexity to become a fullblown project or if I need to take it into Excel so I can look at it in PowerBI. Microsoft products should work with each other!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base