• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Planner TeamAdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thank you for the feedback! We love that our customers are interested in utilizing Planner in this way.

As a first step, we have added exporting to Excel to our roadmap and have changed the title of this thread to focus the conversation on this feature. Our team would love to hear more about the specific scenarios you would like to use this for so that we can build the best possible experience around this!

Thanks!

177 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HenryHenry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

like to export report that will show the plan, task, user, start date, due date, completion date.
        This will allow to see our completion rate and areas were we can improve.

• Travis ChewningTravis Chewning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be helpful to export the information to share plans outside of the team, perform additional analytics and to support developing presentations on projects. Our team has been using the tool for the past 6-8 months and this is the biggest complaint of the tool so far. Other than lacking this feature the team is a huge fan of this tool. It is saving us time which is great!

• Marie ShifletMarie Shiflet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Import and export to/from Excel would be a huge value add. That or any other flat file type as it would allow people to export data from existing project mgmt. tools and spreadsheet trackers. I think it should be a high priority use case.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to share a report on progress for those outside of our team. They dont want to find progress they want to be sent progress. So some reporting \ export function would be great. Maybe even allow PowerBI to connect?

Couple of scenarios
        1. Global view of tasks for the week/month/day
        2. List of tasks for a user across all plans
        3. List/Count of tasks for each user across all plans

for people who don't use planner its helpful to have a format that summarises a project status, showing tasks allocated to individuals, due dates etc.

exporting to excel could allow this to be shown and formatted for Board meetings, without duplicating the content in another format.

• James LJames L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Importing projects and tasks into Planner would be extremely helpful and pretty easy to do with the right field mapping. It would save a huge amount of time and make me more likely to transition to using Planner.

• Rich LewisRich Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the moment we keep Completed tasks hanging around so that we can refer back to them and more importantly so we can report on who did what when. It would be great if we could 'archive' completed tasks to an Excel spreadsheet which we can then use as a basis for reporting and as a historical log of all tasks done by the team. Then we can delete completed tasks from Planner and focus on current work.

Really hope this feature is forthcoming. Keep up the good work! :-)

• IreneIrene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are using planner to manage tasks in an easy manner without having to go into a full fledge project management mode. In addition, the web page, conversation functionality included in office 365 is conducive for collaboration. However, it's very lacking in reporting.
        The Kanban view in Planner is good, but a timeline would be useful too.
        Charts need to be improved, to enable bar chart by tasks instead of just owners. Given there are many permutations to view charts, it's definitely worth to provide export function so that we can create all kinds of views for internal communication purposes.

• ShannonShannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As we work to standardize our organization to O365 Planner while hoping to transition from Basecamp with Easy Insight to create reports, we need the ability to create reports (an outlined by others) ASAP please!! For me, Planner without reports feels like a glorified stack of file folders thus, not worth the work to make the change.

I see the last post from Administration is September, please update as to where this initiative stands.

Thanks!

• TheresaTheresa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A specific use case is for task updates reporting. We utilize the Comments section to document progress every week. Having a way to export the task list including the assignee/s, status, start and end dates and comments will facilitate a more granular view on task updates.

• Ayanjit ShomeAyanjit Shome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having this feature at the earliest would be very important. At enterprise level it is becoming a pain to manage task and analysis of the same

• Megan DensleyMegan Densley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to use this feature to download timelines to calculate time spent on each task and work to improve time to completion.

• Andrea KnottAndrea Knott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love for you to consider, as part of the plan to enable exporting to excel, the ability to generate a view of tasks shown as milestones along swim lanes based on the labels I've associated with the tasks

• Petra PantsarPetra Pantsar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would use this to create reports. E.g. the average throughput time for a task, completed tasks ratio (amount of completed tasks / amount of all tasks), etc... I started to use planner for test management in a project and I'm now missing these kind of reports. Love the tool though! Even better option would be the possibility to edit the reports in the planner.

Thanks,
        Petra

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base