• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thank you for the feedback! We love that our customers are interested in utilizing Planner in this way.

As a first step, we have added exporting to Excel to our roadmap and have changed the title of this thread to focus the conversation on this feature. Our team would love to hear more about the specific scenarios you would like to use this for so that we can build the best possible experience around this!

Thanks!

237 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Allie Gee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd use it to fuel reporting capabilities in a variety of sources (Power BI, Tableau, etc.). For example:
        -View number of cards in each bucket; broken down by status or assignment
        -View basic data from multiple plans in one source
        -Filter data based on label (number, assigned to, column, etc.)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to see the activities in a Gant chart so I can identify date dependencies, or other resource conflicts...(things available in basic Kanban board apps)

• Adrian Fabio Romano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hola
        como todos neccesitamos exportar a excel tareas de planner
        pueden indicarme donde puedo conseguir informacion y desde Grac aplicacion?
        Gracias

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Scenario -
        Export to excel, do a mass update with text conversions or macro. Reimport as a new project or erase old tasks and reimport.

Export to excel for additional reporting/graphing capabilities.

Export a task to use as a template for an import, create a bunch of similar but different tasks, import all of them. For example, I'm putting 50 customer-based sales initiative tasks in a project. They are all basically the same, we just want to use them for tracking this initiative. I would like to export the default one I made, copy it 50 times and paste in a column of customized descriptions, then import it back in.

We love to have a count by Member of late vs. ontime deliveries and overall counts of tasks delivered in a calendar year by Member.

• Meredith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We recently placed our team on Planner and have enjoyed using it, but this is one of the major issues that is definitely a roadblock for us. I need to be able to report to management on certain activities and being able to export those directly from this tool is vital to a functional process. If I have to copy and paste things from multiple plans, that kills any productivity that is saved by a project management tool. Also, no printing is just as valid of a complaint.

It's on of mandatory functions that allow tracking off efficiency.
        I'm curently using Flow to send data from Planner to Excel, but this way i don't have resultrs that i want.

Primarily, I want to export all tasks to Excel for reporting and archival purposes. Getting a list of all tasks by bucket with all assigned to names, due date, start date, complete date, progress status, description, creator and create date as a minimum. Labels, comments and attachment names would be really helpful. This would make our department quarterly ROI and Project Management reporting a breeze!

• Adrian González commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its Imperative to have a mapped import. It's time consuming to export manually when having big projects or too many open projects. It's in clear in disadvantage with Trello or any other major competitor. And excel should be the first solid step to become a good counterpart in the market. I hope this thread works and we will see this tool in Planner.

Kind regards

The original thread was to be able to import from excel to planner - and I would still like that feature. We have many project plans that are existing and extensive. It would be far less time consuming to convert them to planner via a mapped import.

Import is a must to have feature. Without it, the tool is too difficult to use.

Also if it can be linked to the tasks on TFS/VSTS, it will be ideal.

• Himanshu Patel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why such basic functionality is not provided ? Date must be given for this feature end-user availability ..

We have a large communications plan in SharePoint (list) and want to start using Planner for this task. Instead of duplicating efforts, is there a way to import a SharePoint list into Planner, or export a list to Excel and then import into Planner?

We have 10 different departments assigned tasks by main governance body and those 10 departments assign tasks to 30 circles as part of governance,audit,routine management. All this need to be reported to CEO each week for pending tasks, progress etc. import and export via excel circlewise and department wise as well as organization wise is must to move to Microsoft. Pl confirm availability

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base