• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Scheduled  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Hello and thank you for your feedback!

We have designed and scoped our first iteration for for customer ask – your comments below on what you’d like to see have helped us a lot!

This item has made it’s way up our backlog and we’re hoping to start on it soon. We don’t have an ETA to share on this yet.

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

865 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alexander Ley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps I am oversimplifying it and I do not know for certain the backend to Planner.

BUT

I would assume its a SharePoint list? Or at least a flat data structure like an SQL table?

Can't we just allow (maybe only read) access to this SharePoint list?

Then people could import this to Excel via a data connector, refreshable etc.

Have charts / reports / KPI tracking etc. all automated.

Could even connect via PowerBI etc. and other Office365 apps.

For me this would be the most beautiful solution.

"A static export to Excel is so 2007"

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to do both: import from and export to. I would like to create a test plan in Planner, but it would take too long to add all test scripts manually.

Please provide this functionality, this is absolutely essential so we can provide updates without having to spend a lot of time getting through each item in Planner.

• JohnnyH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is important for showing KPI (key performance indicators) for our job. What the current status? How long or should we look at another software?

• Alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, seriously this should be implemented urgently to planner for all the reasons mentioned in this thread - what is the status on development?

• CMateo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A a visual tool, Planner is great HOWEVER, I need to be able to share information with my boss who is not A. does not use Planner, B. Not part of my team tasked on the project, thus not in Planner. Concur with many folks below on needing functionality on export and share data (task, bucket, description, checklist, comments, due date) with stakeholders and customers, Planner is very limited. Due to this limitation, I am forced to not use Planner which I really like to an excel spreadsheet.

Really need this functionality. Without a way to export and share data (task, bucket, description, checklist, comments, due date) with stakeholders and customers, Planner is very limited.

Any update on this? I'm onsite with a customer and they're begging to have the export function and the only thing I can give them is that it was scheduled to be worked on in November and 4 months later there is no update. Thanks!

Hi Planner Team,

I think a way to backup planner (like MS Forms) in excel will be a really useful tool. Especially if people leave the business, and their tasks could potentially get removed out of Planner for no longer having access to the company/team Planner page.

• Kirk Mann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, it needs to be able to pull all the information that is in the Tasj including the title and description.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to Export Planner data is the one thing holding us back from implementing planner for daily use, do you have any updates on an ETA for when this is either looking to be discussed or developed ?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 43 44

Feedback and Knowledge Base