or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thank you for your feedback and patience!

As an update, we haven’t reached this feature on our roadmap yet, but are wrapping up some larger items this month that will get us closer. We’ve been discussing how to best implement this feature, and love reading the comments on this thread. Please continue sharing how you would use an export to Excel feature and what you’d like the spreadsheets to look like!

Cheers,

The Planner Team

367 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew Baldasare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Life should be easy. This functionality would make my life easy. I run a website production team and we have 700 projects, but cannot export functionality. SO, we have to create our own excel file - not fun or efficient.

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesn't export to Excel, doesn't connect via PowerBI, doesn't offer custom tags, doesn´t permit export data...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ya comencé a usar Microsoft Planner para implementarlo con la metodología scrum y funciona perfecto, pero no tengo forma de informar a mis gerentes y interesados del proyecto sobre el progreso de las tareas, necesito poder exportarlo a un excel, cuando puedo tener esta característica

• Heather Furbish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to use Planner as a tool to track open issues/punchlist items and the ability to export open tasks into Excel that lists all tasks with a column for ownership, origin date, submitted by, due date, comments, etc is imperative. Doesn't provide much value to me without that capability.

• Lance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Project managers refuse to use Planner without the ability to export tasks to Excel.

• Alfonso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Import task from excel or Project plan is essencial to follow up the tasks on a project. Thanks.

Reporting out Tasks, Assigned-To, Due Dates, Completion status; being able to get the graphics in Excel would be fantastic.

I need to be able to take a snapshot in time, create a report (preferably with visuals), and put it into a presentation form for Management

• Tizoc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My organization just rolled out Planner and I'm excited about its features but not having a way to import tasks from a WBS (work breakdown structure) in Excel is a major issue which, in my opinion, limits the usage of this application.

yes, absolutely needed, some people are reluctant to move to MS Planner beaucase of this missing feature

• Lisa Murmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

definitely an export and import function would be very usefull. EG import a default plan unless the "template plan" functionality becomes available...
        Could easily visualize eg extracting tasks and latest updates, flags and similar to eg create a summary report for someone not using the planner everyday but needing a status update.
        export should give you option of what you want included or as someone else posted a raw dump so you have everything and can manipulate it separately.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19

Feedback and Knowledge Base