• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Tell us more  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thanks again for all of your feedback!

We love this idea too, and want to hear more about how you could use a timeline view in Planner. If you have any ideas or scenarios in particular, we’ll continue to read through these comments as we consider this feature.

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

87 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Take a look at the GANTT Chart feature requests, currently with the most votes in this forum - that's what most people want in a timeline. Or, better yet, take a look at Asana's approach to Gantt charts and timelines.

I'm frustrated with the very slow response from Microsoft's development team related to the very key feature.

We want to see all the task and plan them in time.
        The best option would be that we take a plan and move it in a calendar and select the start and due date.
        If we view them in time (or Calendar view) we would like to move those tasks in the time or calendar view and if we place the task on the same time as another one that he askes to move all the following plans or unplan the already existing plan.
        It would be nice that there is a list of unplannend tasks on the left side (or right side) of the screen and a calendar(where you can choose between day, week and month view) in the middle so we can move unplanned tasks to the calendar. If we move them they are planned and they dissapear from the unplanned list.
        It would be nice if we could see which employee has some time and change the planned tasks and assign unplanned tasks.

• Jeffrey Holdeman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see a timeline for any task (not the calendar view of all the tasks as shown in the Schedule). The timeline should start with the 'Start date' and end with the 'Due date' of the task. It opens with a monthly view, but could be toggled to a weekly or daily view. Such a timeline would only make sense if the checklist items have start and stop dates. I would also like checklist items to be able to be marked as a milestone.

I think Planner task need a date from - date to , and you can see a good Timeline in monday.com

thanks,

We need to see on a horizontal 4-6 weeks timeline how human resources are scheduled on a project,
        On Y axis the contact of the organization and on the X axis each day of week.
        each day is a text cell that may be colored.
        We need to scroll horizontally forward/backward to see the upcomming months, and veryically to show more contacts.
        Each cell will then create an apointment to the considered contact
        We use for now excel/gSheet for that but it may be better if it would be connected to a common calendar/task, so the need of a timeline view
        Thanks

@Chris Grant - we're struggling with this as well. Thinner and more lines visible please.

Yes - extract data from planner and automate a timeline view..saves creating powerpoints and duplication in other apps. The 12-month view is needed not just a few months, and I agree a 'schedule date' is required not just due date and commencement date option.

• Ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too think that the timeline and Gantt chart may view may be getting mixed up having read through comments for both suggestions. For me something similar to the way Office Timeline in PowerPoint works, could be devloped for Planner. You just need to be able to create Milestones as well as tasks and then be able to display them the same way OfficeTimeline.com does in PowerPoint

I really need this tool to have a quarterly/annual view in order to be able to use it for building strategic roadmaps.

Calendar may be useful to follow milestones of a project, but not for the daily follow-up or a general overview where a timeline is necessary.
        Simple bars for each task on X axis (grouped by compartment or people, or not grouped at all) and duration on Y axis (up to one year minimum) would be a first step, with the possibility to add milestones.
        Include dependencies between the tasks would be better. Ideally, when you change the duration of a task, it changes also the start/due dates of the task which depends on this task

I am not sure if I am in the right place but I would love to have a Timeline at the Team level that summarizes the To Do items of the channels.

When you click on a section of the timeline I would love to have it expand into a Gannt view of the tasks.

• Otto B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see a simple timeline for each of my plan. It doesn't have to bee super complicated, just a timeline like one I can throw together in Visio with a start date (start date of first task) and an end data (end date of last task) with a today marker and tasks added as markers. A bar will do, really.

• Daniel Petta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great but at a high level view, leave the GANTT chart for a more detailed view. Group by bucket maybe but also use the same filter tool you have within a plan

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base