• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Tell us more  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thanks again for all of your feedback!

We love this idea too, and want to hear more about how you could use a timeline view in Planner. If you have any ideas or scenarios in particular, we’ll continue to read through these comments as we consider this feature.

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

104 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Timeline can be viewed as a yearly or quarterly wheel with layers corresponding the buckets

I would also need a Gantt chart view + the possibility to link actions between them ! I was used to SharePoint display which was great and I miss this feature in Planner.

• Filip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The gant chart view is the only feature we are really missing in your app. We would really love to have the ability to view a timeline of certain project or all projects at once. Also to be able to adjust the timeline by moving, stretching and shorten bars would increase the user acceptance in a massive way.

• Cassandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second the Gantt Chart view :) Our project manager loves Gantt charts and struggles to switch to Planner as his Project Management software because the GUI isn't very user friendly. I suggested something like a "Summary/Review" tab with a cleaner/simpler GUI but if this is already in the works - awesome!

• Kalene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would LOVE a Gantt style view. A timeline is really all that's missing from Planner. We make do without it since Planner is included in our 365 licenses, but that's what we really want to be most productive. Otherwise, we're forced to create our own timeline externally, which wastes time.

I agree - it needs to be like Asana's and everything needs to be printable. Otherwise, I will have to resort to using Asana.

i really lack a timeline feature in planner. this would complete our entire Microsoft Teams + Planner envoirement.

• Matthias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i dont wont write start and end, i wont a objekt, that can be moved with mouse to week and resize to the planing end. In more than one Line means also per User

• Jaycroft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without a timeline view, this product should not be called "Planner". At the moment it is (only) a way of managing tasks. It maybe very good for this purpose (I haven't tried it), but it not what I need for planning a project.

Still no answer on this subject ? Just look at Asana timeline to see how you can really manage a project

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We feel the timeline view is also crucially necessary, seems like making Asana a part of Office would solve it expeditiously.

• Kguenther commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, offer a date option to the checklists ... that integrate with the calendar feature.

• Kguenther commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Think Gantt Chart view ... a complementary option is to support Export ... that is friendly to MSProject imports

Take a look at the GANTT Chart feature requests, currently with the most votes in this forum - that's what most people want in a timeline. Or, better yet, take a look at Asana's approach to Gantt charts and timelines.

I'm frustrated with the very slow response from Microsoft's development team related to the very key feature.

We want to see all the task and plan them in time.
        The best option would be that we take a plan and move it in a calendar and select the start and due date.
        If we view them in time (or Calendar view) we would like to move those tasks in the time or calendar view and if we place the task on the same time as another one that he askes to move all the following plans or unplan the already existing plan.
        It would be nice that there is a list of unplannend tasks on the left side (or right side) of the screen and a calendar(where you can choose between day, week and month view) in the middle so we can move unplanned tasks to the calendar. If we move them they are planned and they dissapear from the unplanned list.
        It would be nice if we could see which employee has some time and change the planned tasks and assign unplanned tasks.

• Jeffrey Holdeman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see a timeline for any task (not the calendar view of all the tasks as shown in the Schedule). The timeline should start with the 'Start date' and end with the 'Due date' of the task. It opens with a monthly view, but could be toggled to a weekly or daily view. Such a timeline would only make sense if the checklist items have start and stop dates. I would also like checklist items to be able to be marked as a milestone.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base