Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

110 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work in Smaller fast paced and Agile Business improvement project. Planner and teams in general has been such a great tool for us. But when i communicate timelines with stakeholders I thoroughly miss the functionality of showing them key milestones in a timeline. The same goes for when we do prioritization of tasks inside the project team: We miss being able to see key milestones and what tasks relate to though milestones as a visual management way of keeping track of progress. Pleas reach out if you want me to show you an example.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

really if you create the gantt view and also increase the checklist functionality to have dates and assigned to then you could get plan timeline view. i'm happy to discus further.

• JL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using the topic search there are 263 ideas regarding Gnatt Charts and another 60 on adding hours to a task - these could be rolled into one and used to "tell you more" about the idea.

• Dian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

like in Chart we currently see the members and their number of tasks. Can we also add here the dates when they will finish a certain task?

• James Ward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Essential, much like the timeline view in project with milestones and selected buckets/tasks displayed.
    Also needs a web part to show on ANY group page.

Timeline can be viewed as a yearly or quarterly wheel with layers corresponding the buckets

I would also need a Gantt chart view + the possibility to link actions between them ! I was used to SharePoint display which was great and I miss this feature in Planner.

• Filip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The gant chart view is the only feature we are really missing in your app. We would really love to have the ability to view a timeline of certain project or all projects at once. Also to be able to adjust the timeline by moving, stretching and shorten bars would increase the user acceptance in a massive way.

• Cassandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second the Gantt Chart view :) Our project manager loves Gantt charts and struggles to switch to Planner as his Project Management software because the GUI isn't very user friendly. I suggested something like a "Summary/Review" tab with a cleaner/simpler GUI but if this is already in the works - awesome!

• Kalene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would LOVE a Gantt style view. A timeline is really all that's missing from Planner. We make do without it since Planner is included in our 365 licenses, but that's what we really want to be most productive. Otherwise, we're forced to create our own timeline externally, which wastes time.

I agree - it needs to be like Asana's and everything needs to be printable. Otherwise, I will have to resort to using Asana.

i really lack a timeline feature in planner. this would complete our entire Microsoft Teams + Planner envoirement.

• Matthias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i dont wont write start and end, i wont a objekt, that can be moved with mouse to week and resize to the planing end. In more than one Line means also per User

• Jaycroft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without a timeline view, this product should not be called "Planner". At the moment it is (only) a way of managing tasks. It maybe very good for this purpose (I haven't tried it), but it not what I need for planning a project.

Still no answer on this subject ? Just look at Asana timeline to see how you can really manage a project

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base