(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jose Fernandez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In development  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Hello and thank you for your feedback!

Here’s out latest update:

We’ve pivoted our work here to focus on our integration with ToDo, rather than an Outlook Add-in. We believe our partnership here will make the end-to-end task experience more cohesive and accessible for our users across different platforms.

One of our biggest points of feedback is that task management tools within O365 should work together seamlessly. We’ve already begun building the foundation for this, as this is a top priority for us.

Thank you again for your support and feedback – we’re working hard on this ask and will have another update soon!

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

613 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the end of the day I think we need some kind of integration of Tasks (Planner and Todo) in Outlook. That is still the place were most Business User manage there workload.

I'm a bit confused about your last announcement that you focus on TODO Integration. What means this exactly? No Outlook Integration?

• Stefan G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will you align the planner task statuses with the Outlook task statuses? That would really help.
        Not started
        In Progress
        Done
        Waiting on somebody else
        Deferred

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if you could organise a meeting in Outlook, make notes in OneNote and then assign the ToDo's as we do now but that these can be Tasks in Planner as well as Outlook.

My workflows are such that I use Planner for planning and then want the tasks to feed into Outlook to see how my plan fits into the rest of my schedule. I cannot do the same from Outlook to Planner. If I could create the tasks that I needed to from just Outlook, I wouldn't need Planner. An Outlook add-in for Planner is what's needed or to create and share tasks from either, but not only from Outlook to Planner.

• Ton van der Hoeve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have a guestimate on implementation please? I am in need of this and need to come up with a date planned.

• Ton van der Hoeve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have a guestimate on implementation please? I am in need of this and need to come up with a date planned.

Please take a look at GQueues as well. They got it right. You can create a task from gmail into gqueues which contains a link back to the email in the task description. You don't have to go back into the email and search by title to find the original email. Imagine a situation where you get an email from someone and before responding you need to complete a task. It would be nice to send this email to Planner where you can write specifically what task needs to be completed in the task description. Then when you're done with the task you can simply click the email link in the planner task to respond to the sender. This is important. Everyone on my team is wanting this feature. We were previously using GQueues which was seamlessly integrated with Gmail in this fashion.

I would like to be able to have an address to send Outlook invites so they'd show up on my Schedule in planner. This would help my team drasitically keeping dates in line.

• Stefano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any update?
        could the engineeers provide a timeline ?! this would be help so much

• John Pappa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support ability to add a comment entry into a specific planner task by sending an email from Outlook. Of course this would require supporting RTF or HTML in the task comments section. Today, comment entries can only be made manually and only in plain text (no formatting).

• Claire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could be integrated with My analytics to actually suggest tasks that you may have missed based off your 'To-dos'

• luisr_ca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, Anonymous from OCT 8, you have NO idea how much I agree with you.
        All these products in SILOS, developed by teams that clearly don't talk to each other and keep reinventing the wheel.
        Tasks in many places
        Messages in many places
        Notes in many places

All totally disconnected.

PLANNER TEAM: You can do much much better than this.

O365 has so much potential...and so much of it wasted. Who is product managing at Microsoft these days? No one said, "Hey, we want to build a Trello-killing project management app. We're also buying Wunderlist...I HAVE AN IDEA! OUR USERS COULD SYNC THEM TOGETHER!! WHILE WE'RE AT IT, LETS HAVE FILES IN PLANNER SYNC TO SHAREPOINT AND NOTES SYNC TO ONENOTE!! WHAT ELSE CAN WE SYNC? MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

....or something like that. What's the point of having all the "best tools for the way people work today" in one suite if none of them really talk to each other?

• Cheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesn't make sense to have it only go from Outlook to Planner. It makes more sense to go the other way. The beauty of the Trello-like interface is the ability to slide things around and regroup. Often this prompts the tasks and the labels/priorities AND timeline that are created. The point of Planner to create a plan. It should be feeding the tasks in Outlook, not the other way around. Defeats the point of Planner

• Mark Alt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an estimated ETA for this feature. We are working on a large project and will have to move on with another solution if this isn't available soon. Turning emails into planner tasks like you can do with Outlook tasks today is a much needed feature.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31

Feedback and Knowledge Base