Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jose Fernandez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

349 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Shawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this moving so slowly? In a product offering specifically designed to be an "integrated solution" how are there now 3 very separate offerings for tasks (Outlook, Planner, To-DO)? What are the various development teams working on if they are not working on the No.2 most requested feature??? Having an update that more or less paraphrases an update that occurred more than a year ago is not helpful. We want to see progress!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does no-one is Microsoft work with any other Microsoft program? Does the Planner team not realize that it's a given that any Tasks added in Planner should automatically appear in Outlook? People should be able to choose which program they'd like to use or work in. Why would ANYONE want to switch back and forth between Planner & Outlook to see which Tasks they need to do? Total disconnection. I wish I worked at Microsoft, so obvious integration like this didn't have to be pointed out by the Community!

• Anja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more - if I could link my outlook emails and tasks to Planner, that would be very usefull! I haven't fully started using Planner yet, but I like how I can organize my things to do by project, and I'd love to be able to zing some of my outlook Tasks over to Planner to add them to how I'm trying to organize and keep track of my work.

• Margie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please integrate Outlook and Planner task. One ring to rule them all!

• Richard Jansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is such a pitty there is no serious integration. We want to work with Planner/Outlook tasks/Microsoft ToDo but somewhere in the Microsoft Universum there is a physics law which prohibits logical thinking. One such thing is the omission of buckets in your my tasks view. In every other view there are buckets but in the one place I need it most to create my own buckets/priorities it is not possible!

• Richard Jansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is such a pitty there is no serious integration. We want to work with Planner/Outlook tasks/Microsoft ToDo but somewhere in the Microsoft Universum there is a physics law which prohibits logical thinking. One such thing is the omission of buckets in your my tasks view. In every other view there are buckets but in the one place I need it most to create my own buckets/priorities it is not possible!

There should be a full integration between Planner tasks and Outlook Tasks.

1. Tasks created & updated in Planner should automatically sync to Outlook (without Microsoft Flow).

2. Tasks created in Outlook should have the option to be assigned to an existing or new plan, and sync with Planner.

3. The Tasks view in Planner is very elementary.

-Tasks do not get sorted by date. They show up in the order they were created.

-In Outlook, you have a lot of ways you can sort tasks, which is much better.

4. Checklists should be integrated between Planner and Outlook.

5. The Assign Task function should also be integrated.

And an idea: Why not make planner part of outlook (as an add-in, like Outlook Customer Manager)?

This way we will not have to use 2 different apps.

• WAR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to create tasks in Microsoft Todo from Outlook emails, and have those tasks sync with Microsoft Planner!!

• Steve R Mad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is pretty shocking to know Microsoft still churns out silo'd apps in its O365 suite. It shows it still doesn't get it in terms of user experience oriented design. Seems to me is a bunch of separate dev teams do not colloborate with each other.

• Will Wahlgren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also believe the synchronization of planner tasks with outlook should be a fundamental feature.

• Lawrence Duff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem is MS don't have a consistent, repeatable, well thought out, design pattern for simple relational join implementations between their apps. A template that they could assert upon their app teams. They don't even implement CRUD fully in many single table type implementations: "You said in the user voice you wanted to add credit card details, you never said you wanted a delete or update function".

Such literal requirements interpretation with no creative design thought leads only to the "Agile / Scrum mess".

Every one-to-one, one-to-many, many-to-many join between different app data is another example. It's always a one off botch job. They might use guid's in the primary / foreign key relation or the labels (argh), it might be functionally complete filtering across the join, or it might not. Each join type connection implemented by an MS team "makes it up as they go along" with no design template, so each is uniquely incomplete and dysfunctional. By learning one you learn nothing about how the others might work, thereby lowering your productivity working cross app with MS. And since the integration join is incomplete and dysfunctional you always end on the Voice cox it doesn't work anyway. Should become a new phrase we can use instead of more pejorative terms - "I just spent two days trying to do such and such, but no, I just discovered I've been *Voiced* by Microsoft".

Can Microsoft create two MS Flow templates as for interim solution for all users (including me) who needs tasks to be synced.

One flow for getting the task details from planner to specific task folder. Another for moving completion information from outlook task back to plannner when ready.

This should not be difficult and should fit for many...

• Steven Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sure there are reasons why this is hard, but for those of us who are members of various teams, who like to use KanBan boards... being able to see our KanBan tasks on our calendars would be nice.

• Rhys Scrivener commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have Planner working and Outlook working and never the twain shall meet at the moment. So close but so far Microsoft. Please pull your finger out and get this sorted. If times are hard maybe we could all chip in a few quid so you can get a junior developer working on this!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

Feedback and Knowledge Base