(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jose Fernandez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In development  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Hello!

Thank you for your feedback and patience on this subject. As an update, our integration with To-Do is in development and we are hoping to wrap up the first version of our integration shortly. We are very eager to deliver this!

We also want to clarify confusion on why we’re integrating with To-Do rather than Outlook. Because Outlook Tasks on the web is being replaced with the To-Do web experience (100% consumer, and targeted release in March), this will be available to all Outlook Web users in addition to To-Do users. So, we’re integrating with To-Do because Outlook tasks will be To-Do tasks.

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

637 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hrvoje Kusulja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe this will be resolved in April 2019, through Microsoft ToDo app (which uses Outlook Tasks)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planner needs to become fully integrated with Outlook Tasks, Microsoft To-Do and Teams asap please. Two-way synchronisation at least at first, and then full integration. This is a must-have to be able to manage one's (and a team's) to-do list in Office 365 and get rid of alternative apps/software.

For now, I am using a Flow routine to create new Planner Tasks from Flagged emails in Outlook, but that's not a great fix. I really need full integration. At first, perhaps a Planner add-in in Outlook would do already a nice job, whereby it would be easy to create new Planner Tasks from Outlook (e.g. from flagged emails), and then if a Task is marked as done in either Planner or Outlook, it affects the tasks on both platforms.

• Jamie Bedford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will To-Do become available for GCC clients as well when Outlook Tasks on web are replaced with To-Do?

• Mitch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update on this please. Currently trying to manage all of these apps, Planner, Teams, Outlook is VERY messy and not productive at all.

Simply have planner tasks land within tasks on outlook with the start and due dates with the description and check list would be great. Marking in progress or complete within Outlook Tasks to then sync back to planner.

• bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@planner team / ADMIN : when will we see a Microsoft 365 roadmap ID for this?

To quote somebody else - . Planner Team, this topic is about Planner, not "To-Do". So, what about Planner integration please?

seriously, a pimpled teenager would achieve more in 3 years than MS giant...and probably they did by releasing all those great task management tools that you guys can only buy later on. Own products development well simply is not your strong suit anymore. Outlook tasks are as old as Outook, never updated. Now people scream in your face - change it! and what you do? release another useless app - To-Do which is mimicking wunderlist (that you bought already).

so another time i s cream to you on behalf of others:

WE WANT TO MANAGE TASKS AND PLAN IN OUTLOOK, WHERE WE WORK. NOT ON SEPARATE PLATFORM NOR APP. INSIDE OUTLOOK. ON THE RIGHT COLUMN WHERE TASKS ARE. WE WANT TO MARK AND CONVERT EMAILS INTO TASKS....

come on! anyone out there in MS work on Outlook/Planner or you use Asana/Wrike to manage your workflow?

You guys are just taking a joke here. this is hard truth!

• Hubert GRANDJEAN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm really exited by the possibility to follow all the tasks in Outlook. the best will to have an overview for the different projects and users.

• Jake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a great idea! Moving this to a central application that we know all users use at some point in there day makes perfect sense! At the moment, it relies on people checking planner (whether that be through Teams or another channel). Emails are easily missed whereas tasks stand out more - especially where you have educated users to have the To-Do bar set up with Outlook tasks displayed!

• HolgerV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very confused on the described integration with todo.
        Everyone is using Outlook already and the question if planner can be integrated with outlook is one key question that came up when we discussed if we want to use planner instead of our current solution.
        I am worried that the integration of planner through todo into outlook won't be user friendly and might obstruct using planner in such a way in bigger IT controlled organizations.

• HPe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two connections would cover most of my task management:
        Outlook - Planner (or whatever program Microsoft decides to go forward with), for does task via mail
        OneNote - Planner, the ability to assign tasks from our Minutes in OneNote is severely lacking

For connectivity to OneNote: https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/35240686-integration-with-onenote

Again, core functionality missing. And now, "pivoting" away from it. My users only bought into this because of all the "planned" features, and they all seem to be disappearing.

Making/Inviting Outlook Calendar meetings directly out of a Planner task would be amazing!

Adding to this not only a due date, also a due time would be needed.

• SSalvi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have an intergration of Outlook task with Planner .. i.e to create a task in Planner bucket when a new task is added and assigned to a colleague

• Brett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you pivot back to Outlook?

We receive a lot of our tasks via email. ToDo doesn't make sense

• Joar Fransson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, great to hear that you're bringing ToDO into the mix - I found ToDo interesting but pretty useless (sorry) without being integrated to other tools.

However - for many, emails (in Outlook) are a major source of "tasks". Being able to send over an email into Planner rather than using the rather clunky and old task list in Outlook would be a major benefit, as I believe many have said before as well.

I will say howver that it is highly apprecaited that you provide feedback on what your working adn what's coming - thanks!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32

Feedback and Knowledge Base