Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jose Fernandez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Product Manager, Planner) responded  · 

Hello!

We’ve just released our integration with To-Do as a first step towards a larger task coherence initiative.

Why To-Do and not Outlook tasks?
We are integrating with To-Do because Outlook tasks is being replaced with the To-Do app. This experience has already shipped for Outlook Web users, and the To-Do team is working on bringing this to Outlook Desktop apps as well.

Today, you can view and edit Planner tasks you’ve been assigned in To-Do’s new Assigned to me list. This is available on to-do.office.com and To-Do’s Windows, Android, and iOS apps.

Here are more details on this integration: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Planner-Blog/Planner-and-To-Do-integration-bringing-you-a-more-cohesive-task/ba-p/553485

Our work in this area is not done, and we’re relying on you to help us decide what’s next! This thread has grown to encompass a lot of different ideas and pain points, so we’d love to break it out to help us prioritize and dive deeper into user scenarios.

One of these ideas is a “Convert to Planner task” button for emails. Vote and join the conversation here: https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525/suggestions/15943510

Thank you so much for your patience and thoughtful feedback, please keep the suggestions coming!

Cheers,
The Planner Team

663 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kathy Casey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do we need another app? We have to add the tasks to Planner and then use To Do? What's the point? Why not just use Planner and the "My Tasks" view?

• Alison Campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you provide more details about when the Outlook Tasks app will be fully replaced by To-Do for the Outlook desktop clients? From a change management perspective, it's nice to be able to let our end users know ahead of time when something like this changes and I haven't seen any news/announcements about this change from Microsoft yet.

• Michal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New update is great but there are still few things missing:
    - copying tasks between assigned from planner (new tab) to another task list
    - view assigned to-do tasks (from planner) in task view in outlook
    - if above is not possible maybe a planner add-in for outlook is a good option

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Utterly pointless until you have multiple accounts supported in To Do with a combined view in Desktop, IOS and other apps

Fantastic, thank you for this, so far so good. I will be adding feedback through the feedback forum.

For those not seeing the 'Assigned to Me' or 'Planned' options, you must switch them on in settings.

I've had an issue with the "assigned to me" tab disappearing from the desktop app.

It did show up, but the first time I completed all items, it disappeared... never to return.

I do have the Auto-hide empty smart lists option on... but toggling this does nothing. I've also tried signing out and back in.

Removing "Assigned to me" and readding using the web interface also does nothing

I can see "Assigned to me" on the web interface (to-do.office.com) and I can manipulate tasks from there, but no planner tasks show up in the app (even when added to my day!)

• Hayden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very upset by the comment about replacing Outlook Tasks. This integration of the task function is very important to workflow within my business, and I don't believe that To-Do will be able to support the features which has made Outlook Tasks so vital within my organisation.

Need to make more features to the integration:
    - Lack sorting, should be able to sort on boards / list or due date atleast
    - Lack the ability mark a planner task as important

• Emiliano Magliocca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good job, but to make it perfect would be to extend planner also to personal account users, many of todo user are non business

This has made my day. Thanks. Keep up the good work. Hopefully this will be the start of something great

• Jerker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this function is to be used effectively we need to be able to categorize or move the planner-tasks to different lists.
    Also we need to be able to choose if the planner-task is to be completed in planner when completed in to-do. Teams who work with planner are often used to report on the tasks in a meeting. Therefore it would be great if it could be marked as completed somehow but not "dragged" to done in Planner...

• MilanM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for the great news.
    Please also integrate OneNote with To-Do or Planner, as with OneNote 2016 along with Outlook tasks now. This is very useful

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hallelujah! This is awesome and will definitely help with keeping things streamlined. Thank you so much! Will definitely go through this and compile some feedback, as I have have been waiting for this feature since I started with Planner.

• Harvey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi.. this is good many thanks.. I'm interested in the road map for the further integration and I assume retiring of "tasks" within Outlook. I use tasks etc at home (via Office 365 home subscription) integrated with Outlook & categories etc (as per your old time management system demo'd by your video "How Harry got Organised") I think To Do will pretty much replace features like for like but would be even better if Planner was available as part of the O365 home suite and not just enterprise so that basic KanBanning could be done too .. I have to use Trello at the moment, but would prefer seamless integration that Planner offers.. its just not an option with the home version of Office 365.
    Happy to be contacted direct if that would help

← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34

Feedback and Knowledge Base