(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jose Fernandez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In development  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Hello!

Thank you for your feedback on this subject. As an update, our integration with To-Do is still in development. We’ve made great progress towards this, and are excited to work with To-Do towards a more cohesive task ecosystem.

In parallel, To-Do is working on it’s integration with Outlook to become a hub for all your personal tasks.

Please comment with any additional feedback or guidance you’d like us to hear!

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

626 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HolgerV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very confused on the described integration with todo.
        Everyone is using Outlook already and the question if planner can be integrated with outlook is one key question that came up when we discussed if we want to use planner instead of our current solution.
        I am worried that the integration of planner through todo into outlook won't be user friendly and might obstruct using planner in such a way in bigger IT controlled organizations.

• HPe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two connections would cover most of my task management:
        Outlook - Planner (or whatever program Microsoft decides to go forward with), for does task via mail
        OneNote - Planner, the ability to assign tasks from our Minutes in OneNote is severely lacking

For connectivity to OneNote: https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/35240686-integration-with-onenote

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Again, core functionality missing. And now, "pivoting" away from it. My users only bought into this because of all the "planned" features, and they all seem to be disappearing.

Making/Inviting Outlook Calendar meetings directly out of a Planner task would be amazing!

Adding to this not only a due date, also a due time would be needed.

• SSalvi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have an intergration of Outlook task with Planner .. i.e to create a task in Planner bucket when a new task is added and assigned to a colleague

• Brett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you pivot back to Outlook?

We receive a lot of our tasks via email. ToDo doesn't make sense

• Joar Fransson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, great to hear that you're bringing ToDO into the mix - I found ToDo interesting but pretty useless (sorry) without being integrated to other tools.

However - for many, emails (in Outlook) are a major source of "tasks". Being able to send over an email into Planner rather than using the rather clunky and old task list in Outlook would be a major benefit, as I believe many have said before as well.

I will say howver that it is highly apprecaited that you provide feedback on what your working adn what's coming - thanks!

• Axel Simonsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tip: search for "How To Create Outlook Task from Planner Task in Microsoft Flow" on youtube, there is a guide to do this with Microsoft Flow. I am using it currently and it works prefectly!

• Murray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi. I’d like Outlook tasks to function/look like Planner tasks. It seems odd that you would want to replicate the functionality of Task Managment into two separate tools. How would flags assigned in Outlook function in Planner? Would it be the Due date? What would be the start date? Email received date.

I would like emails to be able to append to an existing Task (in Outlook or Planner) or create a new task. I get additional/supporting information that I need to manually add (as attachments) to exisiting Planner tasks.

• Reid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two important features of integration:

1. The ability to link tasks created in To-Do back into Planner (two-way integration)

2. Sync lists in To-Do with plans in Planner (it seems like a list in To-Do could correspond to a plan in Planner 1:1)

Thanks!

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the end of the day I think we need some kind of integration of Tasks (Planner and Todo) in Outlook. That is still the place were most Business User manage there workload.

I'm a bit confused about your last announcement that you focus on TODO Integration. What means this exactly? No Outlook Integration?

• Stefan G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will you align the planner task statuses with the Outlook task statuses? That would really help.
        Not started
        In Progress
        Done
        Waiting on somebody else
        Deferred

It would be great if you could organise a meeting in Outlook, make notes in OneNote and then assign the ToDo's as we do now but that these can be Tasks in Planner as well as Outlook.

My workflows are such that I use Planner for planning and then want the tasks to feed into Outlook to see how my plan fits into the rest of my schedule. I cannot do the same from Outlook to Planner. If I could create the tasks that I needed to from just Outlook, I wouldn't need Planner. An Outlook add-in for Planner is what's needed or to create and share tasks from either, but not only from Outlook to Planner.

• Ton van der Hoeve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have a guestimate on implementation please? I am in need of this and need to come up with a date planned.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32

Feedback and Knowledge Base