Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jose FernandezJose Fernandez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

286 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not a thing!? This could have been the greatest single advantage that planner could have had over any other project management application. This is a gigantic missed opportunity.

• Scott ScribnerScott Scribner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not sure how you all missed something this simple. Add a task in planner should add a task to outlook etc.

Treating your business customers poorly, we bought Office 365 as a solution as we thought everything would integrate, boy were we wrong!

The last response from Microsof was on Jun 9 2016. It's over a year now and idea was published in 2015. There is so much inconsistency on Microsoft side when it comes to new services it's ridicolous. There are 4 different task managers, that can't be used together or in sync, the hierarchy of products is so confusing its impossible to tell what to use... It looks like there are departments in Microsoft that no one manages but they are all doing what they think it's best with ZERO coordination between them.

Having all the tasks from all diferent enviroments on one place is the only sensible way to GTD. Everything else will fail.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have tasks coming from all directions - Planner, Dynamics 365, Sharepoint Lists, etc - if tasks from all of those sources could appear grouped within Microsoft To-Do and ultimately Outlook (with links back to the source for each) - To-Do's "My Day" review would give us one list to rule them all, finally bringing sanity to so many apps and their disparate task islands.

Would be very beneficial if tasks "flagged" for follow-up in outlook were sent over to the planner hub. Instead of the traditional follow-up "today, tomorrow,this week, next week", etc. you could select the bucket to place it in, member of team to assign it to, and due date. Reduces having to input manually after you have already read and flagged the email.

Hi Planner Team,

That is good news :) realy looking forward to this....
        Best Regards

• Will WahlgrenWill Wahlgren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just thought I'd add my voice to the pile. Please move this functionality to the top of the priority list. I agree that this is a fundamental feature that should have been built in from the beginning. We'll be ok if you roll this out yesterday.

• JeannineJeannine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this now. Management is seriously thinking about using Trello because of the lack of this functionality.

• RodneyRodney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why would you even introduce this without Outlook integration ....When you own the business tool of choice why would not integrate something like this into it......

• Paige HarringtonPaige Harrington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why would you even build this without integration with Outlook tasks? There are plenty of open source Kanban like project tools that I could use that don't integrate. Come on y'all.

• Andreas HeinzAndreas Heinz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Thinking about it" for over a year? What's going on here... It's an embarrassment that the community even has to ask for such an obvious feature.

The planner tasks need to be visible in Outlook and also need to sync to the new To-Do iOS app to allow planning my personal day.

Our organization is also considering not using planner because of this missing integration.

New tasks created in Planner should also be seen in Outlook
        the starting date , the due date or deadline as well

• DNDN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's hard to incorporate Planner as a team level task manager without Outlook Task integration. I cannot expect everyone in facility to open a web browser and log into "Planner", but everyone has outlook open all the time!

• Manuel MoroManuel Moro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really a non-sense this lack of integration. We will seriously consider not to use Planner for this reason, since it creates a mess for users: there is calendar integration but not task integration. Of course there are third party addins to achieve that integration, but it doesn't make sense to pay extra money to see Microsoft products integrating other Microsoft products. The request is already there for one year, is there any realistic date when we can expect Planner to fully integrate with Outlook?

• Deanna BerryDeanna Berry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's hard to imagine why this isn't already integrated. Our team has been "trying" to use 365 for a couple months now, but nothing seems to be user friendly. Groups and sites are auto created, but do not sync with other group tools. Some sites allow external users, and some do not (regardless of external sharing settings in admin center)

It just seems like some of this stuff should be common sense for a company like Microsoft.

To put it bluntly, Office 365 causes me more headaches than the actual projects we are trying to track.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base