Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jose FernandezJose Fernandez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

253 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James ConderJames Conder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integrating Planner tasks and Outlook tasks is a no-brainer.

Definitely rethinking on moving forward with Planner.

• StefanStefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Certainly, the integration with the Outlook calendar would be nice. Just like the Integration with Outlook tasks and Wunderlist.

When you are doing this Integration, consider that depending on how users organize their work they may want to see the tasks in the calendar at the start date, the due date or another date, for example the date of a steering committee meeting (this would require a custom filed) that is a certain number of days after the start date or before the completion date.

Thus, please allow for flexibility as to the date when you integrate Planner with Outlook calendar and Outlook tasks. Same with any calendar/schedule visualisation.

• Will WahlgrenWill Wahlgren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hope that if enough people comment we'll get someone's attention. This needs to happen as soon as possible. Love the application but desperately needs to sync with outlooks tasks.

• EloiseEloise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Holy cow, this says thinking about it since a year ago? Disappointing. I'll keep looking for good task management that syncs with outlook.

• EloiseEloise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot even begin to think about using planner w/o two way integration with outlook tasks. Sorry, this seems like a no brainer. If I wanted to use an independent task manager, there are others out there that are better designed. But if there is two way sync with outlook tasks, now that's the game changer.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed.... we are looking at Outlook, SharePoint Online, Project Online, Teams (Planner) - it should all coexist peacefully. I don't want to have to look at multiple places for everything - that's the problem we are actually trying to SOLVE - not make worse.

• Stijn HelsenStijn Helsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am really surprised this was not integrated from the beginning. Isn't this the whole idea of an O365 environment?

Please make this work. Go Microsoft!

• .. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you kidding. Of course outlook tasks should integrate with planner. Other third party task planners can do it

• Matt ArmstrongMatt Armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be more closely connected to Microsoft To-Do as well: tasks assigned to you should show up there. Planner is the big picture. I want to see how that relates to me in my personal environment: Outlook or To-Do

• Laura LewisLaura Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It makes no sense that these products do not work together. Office products should work together, not force users to make task/calendar changes in multiple places. Is this being looked at now?

• John MaysonJohn Mayson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to add my voice that Planner must sync with Outlook tasks. Not doing so makes Planner utterly useless to me. It's otherwise a nice tool. But not having it sync to Outlook is akin to building a beautiful bridge but not connecting the bridge to any roads.

• David TrounceDavid Trounce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just found this third-party Outlook add-in for Planner that lets you link emails to Planner tasks, edit Planner tasks in Outlook, and sync Planner tasks to create new Outlook tasks. I've been using it just an hour so far but it is exactly what I needed.

14-day free trial, then $1/month. Bargain,

http://apps4.pro/planner-outlook-integration.aspx

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base