(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jose Fernandez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In development  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

We’re in the process of developing a Planner add-in for Outlook. From the add-in users will be able to create tasks for Planner without having to leave their inbox.

We appreciate your feedback and patience and look forward to this first step in our larger plans for integration with Outlook!

595 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesn't make sense to have it only go from Outlook to Planner. It makes more sense to go the other way. The beauty of the Trello-like interface is the ability to slide things around and regroup. Often this prompts the tasks and the labels/priorities AND timeline that are created. The point of Planner to create a plan. It should be feeding the tasks in Outlook, not the other way around. Defeats the point of Planner

• Mark Alt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an estimated ETA for this feature. We are working on a large project and will have to move on with another solution if this isn't available soon. Turning emails into planner tasks like you can do with Outlook tasks today is a much needed feature.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please. Makes so much sense.

• Janice P Yates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Obviously, after months and hundreds of requests, you haven't done what needs to be done: FULL INTEGRATION between Planner and Outlook, ie, tasks in planner are automatically added to Outlook tasks and to the calendar.
        PLEASE DO THIS SOON.

• Matthew Holtz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has got to be the biggest failing in planner. The fact that you can not see them in outlook is horrible.

• Sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding planner tasks to the assigned users task list (and possible calendar for due date) would be best

If the Outlook add-in doesn't support the Kanban view, then don't bother as that would ruin the purpose of using Planner.

Better develop a proper App instead.

• Neil Rosenberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be ideal if Tasks can also be assigned, so we can use Planner Board for team alignment but then when tasks assigned to team members, they become THEIR tasks (not manager's).

I really hope this comes soon as its essential - I love planner but can't promote it without this functionality!

We would like to be able to colour-code the tasks themselves (not flag) in the "schedule" view in planner - I've googled the question and can't find an answer as yet...

Really need to have one place where I can get all my tasks. right now I have to look at outlook, to do and planner - to do does not capture flagged items from outlook, thats another request....

• Jay Baruch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the comments here that full integration between Outlook and Planner is needed to make Planner a viable choice for me to use in managing small projects.

• Ferdie Botha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any feedback so-far (or at least acknowledgement that we do need a bi-directional add-in at least)?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30

Feedback and Knowledge Base