(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jose Fernandez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In development  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

We’re in the process of developing a Planner add-in for Outlook. From the add-in users will be able to create tasks for Planner without having to leave their inbox. We appreciate your feedback and patience and look forward to this first step in what we soon hope to be a greater integration with Outlook!

454 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE HAVE A WAY TO DELEGATE TASKS, ASSIGN TASKS AND CALENDAR TASKS, AND HAVE THEM ALL IN ONE PLACE!!!! INTEGRATION PLEASE!!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great news there will be a Planner Outlook add-in. Would love Planner to be fully integrated into Outlook as its own fully functional tab. Planning is so closely linked with calendar, tasks and email it seems to make sense to me.
        Also, although I love using Planner, it is clumsy in a browser and it really needs its own desktop app. Full integration with Outlook would solve this without needing a whole separate app.

I think this is the single most important feature, fact that Planner team took 3 years to shedule it is a positive thing, but i'm kinda sure that we might have to wait another 3 years for tchem to even start working on it. So frustrating

• Jonah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on guys. Seriously. Thinking about it?

It can't be that hard. Trello has an integration.

I'm trying to hold my company off from going to Trello, but it's getting hard. they are getting ready to ditch Planner.

This is a must have that should have been done on day one.

Just thought you might be interested that I have switched to gmail because you keep changing Outlook to the point I have no idea anymore how to use it. Good Luck

• Daryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if Planner task checklist appeared in the Outlook calendar entry.
        And it would be great if there was a two-way sync!
        I think I could then fully evolve away from using tasks in outlook then.
        I could then see my Planner-linked tasks each day in calendar and on IOS calendar as well as in Planner and/or Teams.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would say the best option is to link to-do with Outlook as this is a much cleaner and simpler interface for adding tasks quickly. I believe that tasks will soon be synced ftom To-Do to Planner and thus would solve the issue. Just ditch Outlook tasks. They look outdated and not in step with other UI features.

• Florent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The intégration of the Schedule in the calendar with a publication is not usefull ... We need something live always synced !

This integration is a must-have. I am bemused as to your logic and thinking that this integration is not already implemented. You only need to look at the number of todos/planner apps which integrate into outlook and one right on your doorstep which you recently acquired wunderlist to relise how integral this functionality is. Users require to be able to move emails into tasks in planner and see in eithers calanders events from both out look and planner.

• Joaquim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And also integrated with the To-Do app.

We can get tasks coming from very different places (Outlook tasks, Planner tasks, MSTeams tasks, flagged emails, To-Do tasks) and we should be able to manage them all regardless of the app we are using.

Or...having a single app to manage them all so that when one is on task-solving-mode there is a dashboard mapping them all out.

• Kimber Renk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can see difficulty merging them to a outlook calendar. Tasks have starting dates and a conclusion date but really have no set clock. Outlook is more clear in that dates and clock time is set and conclusions are also set by date and time. What would be handy if outlook would just display the planner task title I have for a given day and possibly link back to the planner task app for more details. This makes much more sense than trying to merge all the unique capabilities of planner into outlook and much less app design. My expectations are just to inform me of tasks on my master calendar. Planner does not need to be cluttered with meeting and appointment schedules. Waste in my view.

• René commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of integration with outlook tasks I would like to be able to flag an email with a Plan or Task like it works with categories. A dropdown in Outlook with all the Plans/Tasks so we can easily mark a mail for being relevant to one or more Plans or Tasks would be great.
        In Planner we should be able to open a window with the flagged mails for the active Plan or Task.

• Dan Prince commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the absolute TOP idea and it was posted in late 2015. Here we are in 2018 and you're 'Thinking about it???'

This lack of movement doesn't bode well for people looking for a solution that is being actively managed and maintained.

• Jason Wagner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every SMB client we have (CSP/MSP), uses their Outlook desktop software to access their O365 services, before they go online to look for things - they've been recently forced to use. All of our Enterprise clients however are very used to "Online Portals" like those in SharePoint for years and now o365.

I think this integration would help ease the transition to more online portals for SMB folks and help MS learn to work/plan better between campuses ;)

• Pamela Mason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of Planner but unless it integrates with my Desktop Outlook Program I will only use it if I am forced to. I know that most of the people I work with feel the same way. I absolutely hate email, calendar and Task programs that require me to be in a web browser. There are many reasons for this. For a work environment they cause problems.
        1) Depending on the browser and your settings you can have problems.
        2) We often already have many work applications that are web based and the first step in trouble shooting any problem with them is to clear the browser cache.
        3) If you are not careful to not close the tab or window you have this running on you get no notifications. This can cause you to miss things that can result in job loss. Notifications have become essential for us.
        4) When you have a lot of browsers and tabs open it can be very difficult to find your inbox, calendar or tasks.
        5) I don't want to have to login every morning and saving passwords in web browsers I do not think is a good thing to do.

• Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planner should most definitely be integrated with Outlook - perhaps even replacing Tasks - and all reminders of planner tasks should most definitely have reminders in Outlook and Dates in the calendar of Outlook too. I find it unbelievable that integration with all MS products was not considered or mapped before Launch.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23

Feedback and Knowledge Base