Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include "Group by Bucket" in My Task view

Include "Group by Bucket" in My Task view where boards have the same bucket headings. So users can see their tasks by the buckets and in not just their progress state.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create/convert chat message to task in planner and reference task in chat: @planner:task or @task

I want to be able to convert a chat message to a task in a plan and also reference to a task in a plan using @planner or @planner:task within a chat window. We receive a lot of input via chat that we need to create a task for.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Planner change notification to a group of people

would be nice if there is a function allows user to set up a group of people like distribution list who can receive status change notification beside of an assigned owner...this group of people could be either a Team members by default or can be customized like add or remove...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow MS Distribution Lists to create or be added to Planner Plans

Larger Organizations have several Distribution Lists within them. This grouping option needs to be an option for Planner Plan assignments. This will open the door for much more collaborative efforts within Planner without the hassle of adding individual people or email addresses to a Plan. As a team Director, I have several specialized skill groups defined by Distribution Lists within AD and Azure AD. These DLs need to be assignable to Planner Plans.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide ability to attach document from all the libraries on the SharePoint site

Currently you can only attach files from the Documents library in SharePoint. It would be good to be able to attach from all the libraries in the SharePoint Site.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Desktop Application with Offline support

Deliver a native Windows application that can work offline and also be embedded/seamlessly integrated into Microsoft teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please increase checklist limit! I am unable to use planner because of it!!!! (and only it!)

I am simply unable to use Planner to manage my tasks, even though the company where I work is using it, because there is a limit of 20 items on the checklist of each task.

This is the only reason I don't use Planner. I really like the rest of the tool and I'd really like to be able to use it on my work.

Please increase it to at least 100 or unlimited!

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show Checklist items in To Do

It would be nice to be able to add individual checklist items to My Day in Microsoft To Do.

For example, when I have a Task in Planner, the whole task may be due on one day, but check list items are due other days. I'd like to be able to break them apart and assign particular checklist items to my To Do My Day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Attach OneNote note to task

Similar to https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/16639723-link-tasks-boards-to-onenote

You can attach files, links, and SharePoint resources to a task. The SharePoint option goes to a nice picker. It would be great to have a similar picker to help select a specific page from your OneNote notebooks, and attach it to a task.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow file attachment in App

Is it possible to make it possible to attach a file in attachments when working from the app within Microsoft teams?

As of right now, you can only select "Link" or "SharePoint" when working through Teams and Planner App

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. copy tasks and plans to different teams and channels

Why if I change the name of a planner in teams does the name change not reflect in the planner cloud software and visa versa?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Planner Desktop App

It would be very helpful to have a Planner Desktop app. My team uses Microsoft Teams and uses Planner for our different channel projects. In the browser a person can see all tasks assigned to them across the different Planners that they are tagged in but I am unable to see that in Teams. Our team members would be much more likely to fully integrate with using Planner if they could see this Personal dashboard view in a Planner desktop app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hide Diagramms or Charts

Hello everybody,
    I think the Planner app is excellent.
    One little thing would improve it a lot for us.
    It would be great that not everyone is able to see the diagrams.
    It's a problem for legal reasons. So everyone can see the performance of another and measure or compare the performance. It would be great to have the possibility to hide it for some.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Application permission type for Planner Graph API calls

Organizations should be able to use application-only permissions to make API calls to Microsoft Graph to get planner details. This would be used in service or daemon styled applications which poll to collect usage information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. who here can cook?

Once I'm home for spring, my friend and I (who is great at cooking) will make a meal. I have to come up with a list of things I want to eat.
    So I think you list things that are tasty, things that you have to actually cook, not microwave ****.

Also, I do not eat meat, although if it is actually a good recipe, I could substitute meat.
    We are not looking for exact recipes, just general ideas, general ingredients, and my friend and I can solve the rest

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. who here can cook?

Once I'm home for spring, my friend and I (who is great at cooking) will make a meal. I have to come up with a list of things I want to eat.
    So I think you list things that are tasty, things that you have to actually cook, not microwave ****.

Also, I do not eat meat, although if it is actually a good recipe, I could substitute meat.
    We are not looking for exact recipes, just general ideas, general ingredients, and my friend and I can solve the rest

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 341 342
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base