Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notify Teams when A Comment is Added to a task

It would be great if there was a feature that would allow any task activity such as comments to be sent as a Teams notification, but only to the people assigned to the task.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow move task from a planner in one Team to a planner in a different Team

It would really help us execute on a tiered kanban if tasks could be moved to another team altogether, and then moved back when comeplete. Right now there is a limitation because Planner tasks can only be moved with a single O365 group. Please enable the moving of tasks between planners in different teams.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fed cuts rates, what does this mean? Will this be followed by a decline RV rates?

This morning, the Fed cut rates by 1/2 percent in an attempt to contain the growing stock market bubble. I am negotiating a new RV loan that is due to close in 10 days and the dealer quoted me 5.49% last week. I haven't signed anything yet. Will they adjust my rate or will other lenders lower their rates? (I'm almost always a day late on such things - or, in the case of the senior pass, a year late)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Gambling Sites Are Holding Onto Millions in Payouts in Case Trump Wins

There has been a flurry of action on PredictIt in recent days, with trump shares rising to 16 cents on the dollar from a low of 8 cents on November 7. this is consistent with the tendency of prediction markets to constantly overestimate trump's chances this year compared to election forecasters like FiveThirtyEight, according to Derek Phillips, a professional political gambler.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Attach file from Forms to Planner via Microsoft Flow

In my team, one creates a task using Microsoft Forms.

This integration is done via Microsoft Flow.

I would like to be able to ask requestor to upload file via Microsoft Forms (this is now possible in Forms) and this to be transferred as an attachment to the task that has just been created in Planner.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Recurring Projects

We have been making use of Planner to keep track of tasks and activities for projects in recruitment. As we do volume recruitment several times a year, the project tasks are always the same.

It would be good if we could have a function where we can "reset" the tasks in the planner to make all the tasks go from "complete" to "to do".

If we were using a physical KANBAN board it would be quite easy with swimlanes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mention people

I see it as very important to be able to mention one or more people in the comments.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. permission

Permission to delete task only by owner.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add function for managers to check completed tasks of subordinates all at once

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    管理職が部下の終了したタスクを一度に確認できる機能の実装希望
    Add function for managers to check completed tasks of subordinates all at once

■Description(内容):
    現在は一つ一つのプランをクリックしないと各社員のタスク状況が確認できないが、「マイタスク」のような体裁で、全員もしくは一部の社員のタスクを管理職が確認できる機能の実装を要望します。
    Currently, it is only possible to check tasks of employees by clicking on each plan one-by-one, so please add an overview like “My tasks” where you can see the tasks of all employees, or a subset of employees.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove members from a Plan without affecting the O365 Group/SharePoint site membership

Remove members from a Plan without affecting the O365 Group/SharePoint site membership

Example would be to have a SharePoint Site with 50 members (maybe all from the same department) and would like to create several Plans tied to that O365 Group but only have 5 to 10 people as members of each Plan (maybe they are groups within the department)

Essentially want to be able to remove people from the Plan without affecting the O365 Group membership

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. task carbon copy

Ideally, the tasks in Planner Hub would allow "Primary" delegation of a task and then allow others to be assigned to the task for informational updates only. The way I think about the tasks is that they should be set up to follow the RACI format in which 1 person is (R)esponsible for the task, 1 person is (A)ccountable for the task, some people may need to be (C)onsulted on the task and others need to be (I)nformed on the progress and completion of the task.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Labels: Each label has a unique url to show on a tab in Teams Channel

I have in Teams several Channels. Each channel is a project / mvp. In Planner each label is a project / mvp.
    In Teams I want on a tab the tasks of each Planner label.
    eg:
    Channel name: Proposal
    Planner label: Proposal
    In Planner different tasks labelled Proposal

In the channel Proposal I want on a tab to show the tasks with label Proposal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Application permission type for Planner Graph API calls

Organizations should be able to use application-only permissions to make API calls to Microsoft Graph to get planner details. This would be used in service or daemon styled applications which poll to collect usage information.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adding a direct integration between MS planner & MS lists.

We need to enable the direct integration between the MS planner & MS lists. We have a planner bucket triggered by a Power automate job “Once an email arrive in outlook create a share point list item”. Once this task is created, we would like to be able to use it in MS lists and assign priorities as well as assign the responsible person for it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can't find a good place to stay in costo rico

My wife and I love to travel and we were advised to fly to Costo Rico

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Task permissions

Currently, everyone could delete a task. In addition to this, there is neither a tracking of deleted task, nor archived.

It is a must the owner to be able to set task permissions - read; read/write access, delete, etc.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support @ notifications in Task Comments

Support @<name> notifications in the Comments field for Tasks.

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add/Remove Labels, Sort Labels, More Label Colors

To summarize these requests, we’d like the following:

1) The ability to add and remove labels.
    2) When the “Group by Labels” option is selected, the ability to change the order of the columns (e.g., “Move right” and “Move left” similar to the “Group by Bucket” column)
    3) In the Task view, the ability to change the order of the label tabs.
    4) The ability to change the color of the labels and add more colors.

Here's a list of many feedback entries requesting these ideas:

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/31403095-add-more-label-colors

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/17918341-make-the-label-colors-changeable-also-allow-for-m

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/31626616-recolour-and-reorder-labels

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/17967055-more-labels

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/19589152-allow-for-unlimited-labels-in-tasks

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/31623910-change-plan-and-labels-colour

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/36353911-add-more-labels

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/35068120-new-labels

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/20144404-more-labels-more-colors

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/35542840-give-permission-with-more-labels-and-color

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/32954773-can-we-please-please-have-more-labels-available

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/35248801-is-it-possible-to-have-more-than-6-labels-or-user

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/34999261-label

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/34999273-label

716 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Have planner available in a private channel under teams

Have planner available in private channels

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More visible task information in scedule view

In the scedule view there's only a title shown each task. I would love to be able to see more information in this view. For example: the assigned user, label or note.

This gives a better overview for who each task is planned for in a team plan.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base