Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate Planner with Microsoft To-Do

Please make it possible for tasks created in Planner to sync with Microsoft To-Do, so it is accessible across Outlook, To-Do and Planner.

1,028 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

63 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

We’ve just released our integration with To-Do as a first step towards a larger task coherence initiative.

Today, you can view and edit Planner tasks you’ve been assigned in To-Do’s new Assigned to me list. This is available on to-do.office.com and To-Do’s Windows, Android, and iOS apps.

Here are more details on this integration: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Planner-Blog/Planner-and-To-Do-integration-bringing-you-a-more-cohesive-task/ba-p/553485

Our work in this area is not done, and we’re relying on you to help us decide what’s next, please keep the suggestions coming!

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

2. Integration with outlook tasks

New tasks created in Planner should also be seen in outlook

10,310 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

695 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

We’ve just released our integration with To-Do as a first step towards a larger task coherence initiative.

Why To-Do and not Outlook tasks?
    We are integrating with To-Do because Outlook tasks is being replaced with the To-Do app. This experience has already shipped for Outlook Web users, and the To-Do team is working on bringing this to Outlook Desktop apps as well.

Today, you can view and edit Planner tasks you’ve been assigned in To-Do’s new Assigned to me list. This is available on to-do.office.com and To-Do’s Windows, Android, and iOS apps.

Here are more details on this integration: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Planner-Blog/Planner-and-To-Do-integration-bringing-you-a-more-cohesive-task/ba-p/553485

Our work in this area is not done, and we’re relying on you to help us decide what’s next! This thread has grown to encompass a lot of different ideas and pain points, so we’d love to break it out to help us prioritize and dive deeper into user…

3. Export to Excel

Ability to export Plan data to Excel

9,098 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1119 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!
    The export to Excel feature is complete! for more info check out our blog: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Planner-Blog/Export-your-entire-plan-to-Excel-for-powerful-analysis-sharing/ba-p/717431

many of you are now asking for import from excel. Please vote for this feature and add your comments here: https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/11730708-import-tasks-from-excel

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

4. Even though we have multiple plans per Channel in Teams. Currently can only see a single plan per Team in Planner.

I can create multiple boards per channel and multiple channels per team in Teams but when I go to Planner all I see is one plan/board per Team. I would like to see all plans established in Teams in Planner. OR, at the very least add the Charts functionality to plans in Teams.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have fixed this issue – you should now be able to find all of your Plans (whether created in Teams or not) in Planner.

Thanks for reaching out and supporting this thread!

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base