Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bulk delete completed tasks

Currently there is no easy way to delete completed tasks other than having to delete each completed task manually one at a time. There is no Power Automate connector as well that enables deletion of completed tasks. Due this, for high volume Planner boards, keeping tasks per user within the limits is very tedious, time consuming. The inability to bulk delete completed tasks is posing a big constraint/challenge for Planner to be used when the number of tasks being created in high. A feature either in Planner and/or in Power Automate to be able to handle this more efficiently would…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom progress

Hi,

We have limited progress statuses right now which are ToDo, In progress and completed. Hope we can customize this soon

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Scrum style board

If possible, please may you create a dashboard which places the assigned action owners along the y-axis on the left hand side of the screen, and then along the x-axis, at the top of the board, week 1, week 2 and week 3 tasks. In this way, planner can be used as a "daily stand up meeting tool", allowing participants to drag their actions (using a Microsoft surface hub) from one week to the next, or indeed to close their actions. This would be a HUGE improvement, and would be rolled across a large portion of the Stryker organisation.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Assign Sub-Task (checklists) to specific team members

Once creating a task and assigning a team members to the overall tasks, we would like to break the task into multiple sub tasks, as checklist points, and assign one or multiple users to those specific sub tasks.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please Add Permission-Based Roles into Planner Boards

As per the title, please add Permission-Based Roles to Planner boards.

There is evidence that there is a high-demand and need to manage what users can/cannot do within a Planner board. For example, there is a lot of concern that (1) anyone within the group can delete cards and buckets within a board, and (2) that there is no audit trail to help monitor this type of activity.

Here’s a collection of different posts asking for (basically) the same feature since late 2015 when Planner rolled out, one of which has nearly 500 votes but has not gotten any official…

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hide or Archive completed bucket

Need ability to hide or archive a bucket of work when it's complete. Do not want to delete as I would lose any historical record of work completed.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Important conference

We are going to have an important conference soon, but we haven't provided all the necessary equipment for this. Do you have any ideas how to fix the situation?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More Labels

We need to be able to have at least a dozen labels, not six. And with that, more color options.
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Nutrition for newborns

What food is ideal for a newborn baby? He's just a couple of months old

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show low priority on the card

Show an icon for low priority (e.g. a down arrow) on the card itself, in the same way that Urgent is shown by a bell and Important is shown by an exclamation mark.

This would help avoid low priority tasks being done before medium priority tasks... at the moment you have to open the card to see the difference.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Persistent settings

I want to see board view grouped by Progress and filtered by assigned to me.

I hate having to redo those settings every time I open planner.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Task description field needs to show multi lines when the task is opened as opposed to the rolling line that is now the situation

instead of the single line rolling text string, have the number of lines that are required to show all text in the description in one box

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tasks in In Progress and Done buckets should automatically change progress.

Tasks in buckets such as 'In Progress' and 'Done' should automatically change their progress to In progress and Completed respectively. This could be automatic for a bucket for such names or be an option in the bucket menu to be enabled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add the option to hide/show the field "Assign To"

I use Planner to organize my own activities, that way, as all activities are assigned to myself, I would like to hide the Assign to field to increase the useful space on the screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. custom fields

Just one thing is missing but very very crucial to many business... Custom fields. Please allow us to add at least 3 custom fields per every task

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to save filter settings as a custom page. It would be a link on the side, same idea as "My Tasks" page.

Just like the "My Tasks" link on the side takes you to only your tasks - I'd like to filter tasks based on certain criteria, and save that as a custom page/link.
    ie. filter everything in a certain bucket, such as a preparation bucket, and that is unassigned - save this setting as the "Preparation Queue". Do the same thing for the review bucket, and save it as "Review Queue". Then any team member who is available to work on Preparation or Review, can easily find what needs to be worked on next by a click of a button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Essentially: Make it a great Kanban Tool

Hi, I know this is a tall order, But it would be so great if Planner were a real Kanban Tool, where you can use swimlanes, WIP-Limits, Split columns and io on. every little improvement on this way helps. I'd love to help make it break it down in smaller features, if you ever consider this as a goal you'd want to achieve with planner. Good examples for this functionality you can find in those tools: kanbanize and swift kanban.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. accents

Could you update the autofill to search for letters with or without accents. When I want to assign a task to Régis, if I type Reg.. it does not find Régis because I wrote the "e" without accent. We are working with French names and this would be really useful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Import from CSV/Excel to create Buckets

Allow for the Import from CSV/Excel to create Buckets. Current limit is 201 so would be nice to do this automatically rather than manually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sort tasks under a bucket and also sort buckets

Need multiple sort options and Need these for improved usability

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)