Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Planner plans to be created in a Private Teams Channel

When we create a Private Channel in Teams, creating a Planner is not an option in the channel tab. This would be helpful: to allow this subgroup of people to work together on a confidential activity within a team.

1,707 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

222 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export to Excel Error(Late Tasks)

Dear Microsoft Team
    When I export plan into Excel and there were late tasks but completed , it appears In the Excel(Late column) false, although they should be true in that case i have to insert new column to identify the late delivery tasks from on-time tasks

So please fix this feature
    Thanks

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Copy Plan to Existing Group

The ability to copy a Plan was recently released (see link below) but this only provides the ability to copy a plan to a new O365 Group. It does not provide the ability to copy a plan to an existing O365 Group. Most people do not want to create a new O365 Group for every Plan they have (Group sprawl). Please offer an option when copying a Plan to either target an existing Group or a new Group based on your preference.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/copy-a-plan-50401e13-a25f-40df-93c6-b608cc28c3d4?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

890 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

135 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

We have updated our Copy Plan experience – please try it out today!

This improvement includes the ability to choose an existing group or team to copy the plan into (or choose to create a new group). You’ll also be able to customize what gets copied over. Attachments can only be copied over into existing groups/teams.

You can get more details here – https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/planner-blog/expanding-the-copy-plan-and-filtering-features-based-on-your/ba-p/1483491

4. Task logs - trace every modification

I need to trace all the activity performed to a task like:
    - someone changed the title
    - someone changed the due date
    - someone changed the status
    - someone changed the priority
    e v e r y t h i n g.

And I need to apply notification to this, if needed.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reoccurring Tasks with planner!!!

This is an idea that was voted by almost 10k people. Yet the planner team has neglected to update the people. As someone who sells Microsoft products as an indirect partner, I can say sales are being lost because of this feature. Most calendars have such a basic feature and the planner team said they would have it last November, where is it?? Let's be better Microsoft, release the feature.

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/12301668-schedule-reoccurring-tasks

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A view to see all tasks from planners in all channels in a Team

You can see all tasks from a Planner in a channel

But you can't see all tasks from multiple Planners in a channel

And you can't see all tasks from all the Planners that are created in Team

Basically you can't get a view from multiple Planners...yes, the My Tasks feature allows you to see your tasks across multiple Planners

...but a project lead would be interested in seeing all tasks from the multiple planners that exist in a Team

The only hack is for the project lead to assign themselves every task, then the problem is you can't filter…

363 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow move task from a planner in one Team to a planner in a different Team

It would really help us execute on a tiered kanban if tasks could be moved to another team altogether, and then moved back when comeplete. Right now there is a limitation because Planner tasks can only be moved with a single O365 group. Please enable the moving of tasks between planners in different teams.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Assignee Can easily delete the Task

1. Assignee Can easily delete the Task, How to restrict that?

2. If Assignee delete the task there is no notification to the Assigner

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Planner Desktop App

It would be very helpful to have a Planner Desktop app. My team uses Microsoft Teams and uses Planner for our different channel projects. In the browser a person can see all tasks assigned to them across the different Planners that they are tagged in but I am unable to see that in Teams. Our team members would be much more likely to fully integrate with using Planner if they could see this Personal dashboard view in a Planner desktop app.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Need more advanced permission settings

I would like to have more advanced permission settings; for example, a permission for a certain user to allow adding buckets, or a permission allows user adding but removing users.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Planner needs a search function

Planner needs a search function so I can find a task quicker. Filer doesn't help if you're not sure which bucket it's in.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add or Remove users from a specific plan

It should have an option to remove users from a Plan without removing it from the Office 365 Group. Or create plans for specific users from a O365 Group (just like private channels on Teams).
    Creating new office 365 groups just for creating Plans for the users make the usability confusing and split the documents across the groups.
    Most of the times the Plans does not need to be seen by everyone in the group.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Include "Group by Bucket" in My Task view

Include "Group by Bucket" in My Task view where boards have the same bucket headings. So users can see their tasks by the buckets and in not just their progress state.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Assign task to entire team (or channel) in Teams

I sometimes have the need to assign a task to the entire team (or channel) in Teams when using the Planner. An example would be if everyone in the team are to update the vacation-plan. Instead of adding each single team-member to the task, it would be nice to use the same kind of feature as @mention you can use in a chat, and it automatically assigns the task to everyone in that team.

Additionally - no limit as to how many that can be assigned the task or how many items in the checklist.
    Then I would use this…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Planner guest user notifications

Change the from address of the comment notifications for Microsoft Planner, especially for guest users that don't include Microsoft e-mail servers in their DNS SPF record.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. formatting text in notes section of cards

In each card's notes section, it would be great to have more journal like formatting for the text. For example, the ability to underline or bold like I do in one note. Any comments all mesh together without visual formatting

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow drag and drop of emails and attachments to planner... Trello has the upper hand when it comes to drag and drop

Allow drag and drop of emails and attachments to planner... Trello has the upper hand when it comes to drag and drop

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create custom options for 'progress' status at task level and checklist line level (i.e. ability to add 'On Hold' or 'Not Applicable')

Currently, there are three options for the 'Progress' field status. You can either keep the status as 'Not Started' (default), or update to 'In Progress' or 'Completed'. However, there are many instances during a project that the task becomes null or on hold, for which you would want the ability to create custom progress status labels such as 'On Hold' or 'Not Applicable'. You may not want to delete the item in order to track tasks that were created through the term of the project, in which case 'Not Applicable' will be useful.

Another suggestion would be to also add…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In Comments Section Text erases if you don't hit send or click off the page. Make it auto save and make it editable.

In the comments section Text erases if you don't hit "send" or click off the page. This can waste tons of man hours by one mistaken click. Make it auto save and make the text editable.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Task permissions

Currently, everyone could delete a task. In addition to this, there is neither a tracking of deleted task, nor archived.

It is a must the owner to be able to set task permissions - read; read/write access, delete, etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 144 145
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base