Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add task creator to task card

Add option to add 'task creator' to task card so that you do not have to search the comments to see who created the task.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like an auto email notification from MS Planner to copy myself & the assignee when I assign a task in MS Teams to my colleagues

I would like an auto email notification from MS Planner to copy myself & the assignee when I assign a task in MS Teams to my colleagues

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Email notifications that only go to the people in the task

Emails go to the entire Office 365 group when someone replies to a task in planner. A way to set it so it only goes to the users in the task.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Planner Bot, Notification System

Hello,

I believe that a bot system, much like the flow bot, or any other bot, would greatly enhance the notification system of planner. Instead of getting group email notifications, a Planner bot could create a "chat" and ring notifications that way. It seems like Microsoft would like for people to stay inside of Teams, instead of Outlook so, the Outlook notification system does not make too much sense to me.

Thank you for your time,
    Matt

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. enviar notificaciones de las tareas asignadas a los usuarios invitados

Al momento de asignar una tarea en un proyecto debería llegar la notificación a los correos de usuarios invitados

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. "Nudge" Feature

Unless notifications become more configurable, perhaps it might suffice to have a nudge feature where someone assigned to a task can "Nudge" another person to set off a notification to that user re: the task whenever they decide. This way they have the option to notify other assignees whether the change is to the task description, comments, check list, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Task header gets changed but not in the mail notification

Whenever we change a task name, it gets changed but whenever we get the notification email for that particular task it still shows the same old task name(when it was created) not the current one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show who assign a task

I receive some tasks from several people. It would be important show who assign me a task (also for notification)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Notification when editing the Checklist

When an item in a Checklist is crossed, I'd like to get a notification (me who has created the activity and the Checklist). Then I know progress without having to actively look it up myself. Also, I'd like to know who have checked a task from the Checklist and when. More stats so the Checklist can be followed up properly and then be a fantastic tool in Projects. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Reminder mail should have description in subject

The mail for notifications are not useful. The content needs to be incorporated in the subject, otherwise people just ignore them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Receive notifications if a comment has been made on a plan you've been assigned.

It would be wonderful if you've been assigned a plan and had the option to receive a notification when a team member has left a comment, regardless of whether or not you've already commented. Without these notifications communication is going under the radar on my team. I also think it would be more helpful to have notifications pushed through teams instead of email.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow status to be included in New Task notification

It would be helpful to include the task status on the notifications sent to individuals who the task has been assigned to. To make this happen I think the status selection would need to be made available when creating the task. This would be an efficient way to alert others when a task is urgent.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ping a user in comment

Having the ability to ping a user on stains without being assigned

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bucket

I have renamed a Bucket, yet when the Planner sends me email alerts for the items I have in that bucket, they still show up in the email with the old bucket name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notifications for a specific bucket

I have a specific bucket that contains attachments and other updates that I would like the whole group to be notified of. Rather than assign each task in the bucket to each member of the group every time a task is set up so they receive an email notification, is there a way to put settings on a bucket so anything in that bucket is notified to the whole group via email. I don't want the other buckets to be set up this way, just this one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to receive a notification whenever someone changes the status of or adds a comment to a task that I created or am assigned to.

I would like to receive a notification whenever someone changes the status of or adds a comment to a task that I created or am assigned to

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notification when updates are made by assignee

I would like to be Notified when any assignee make an update to his task.
    (Even if I am not the one who created the task). Helps the co-coordinator / manager stay informed of progress real time as opposed as opposed to checking all tasks manually to know the progress.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Removal of links for mobile products

Currently the tenant allows for us to block users from downloading from the store applications we deem at risk or doesn't fit within our environment. But with each online product, you advertise, click here to download online product mobile edition. We need a way to disable the advertising of mobile products for any product as it causes our support issues to go up when users click it and are unable to download. Additionally it is causing our end user satisfaction to go down since they cannot access something you are advertising.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Alternative Workflow to Push a Comment to member Inbox

I recently migrated our company from Trello over to Planner and I am having some trouble figuring out a protocol for the comments. While it is great that comments will get pushed to the work Inbox of anyone participating: this necessitates participation to begin with. There is no @schema to push a comment to someone else who might need to see it. If the @schema is just not possible perhaps it would be simpler to add a "Request Reply in Task" option below you comment. This would in effect post the comment as normal but also open the Outlook interface…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve notification settings granularity

Currently, the only notifications categories to be turned on/off are:
    Someone assigns a task to me. (Email, Teams, and mobile push)
    A task assigned to me is late, due today, or due in the next 7 days. (Email only)

Instead, what would be great it to separate each type of notification into it's own rule so users can toggle each notification. For instance, I want to turn off notifications for tasks due in the next 7 days, but keep the rest.

Furthermore, I should be able to select which types of notifications I receive for each notification category. For example,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base