Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications in MS Teams (instead of Email)

MS Teams integration is great, but having task notifications go to that person,via MS Teams (w/ link to the task) vs email would be way better.
    The whole point of teams is closer collaboration and cut down on email messages that can just be a quick Teams message.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need To Add @ Mentions To Comment Feed

Would love to see @Mentions in the comments feed

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Mute email notifications per plan

Have the option to mute notifications for a specific plan.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. turn off emails for comments

Give the option to turn off emails when you put comments in a task. The task auto emails the team on everything anyone puts in comments

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Direct follow up with task assignees

Hi,

I believe it is very important that project managers have the ability to only follow up with the people assigned a task vs. the entire team through the comment feature.

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mentioning specific users in the comments area

Planner is almost a great tool for small business, but without the ability to direct comments to specific people it falls just short. Ultimately I have to tell my employees to pay to a little indicator at the top of a given task to see if there are new comments. It's not realistic The same reasons that supported the development of the @username functionality apply here as well. The alternative has been to assign the task to multiple people. Its not great. Although I do not want to come across as unappreciative. I respect the program, just would like to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Notification Emails and Increase Max # of Users that can be Assigned

I am requesting the capability to send a notification email to all assigned members on a specific Task within Planner.

Additionally, I would like to also request a method to automatically send a notification email on a certain date or by intervals of # of days to remind assigned personnel of the Task.

Lastly, I would like to have the numerical limitation of assigned members to be removed and/or the ability to assign a Team or Security Group to a Task as many tasks require an entire organization to complete.

Purpose:
    To notify members directly when a Task has been…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add assigned message delivery from a planner task

Currently tasks in planner can be assigned to members of the team. If the comments section delivered to all assigned members that would make a really powerful tool. Additionaly if we could use "@member" to include others or help identify specific responsibilities within the mention that would make a huge difference

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Send alert when a subtask is completed

There should be an alert sent when a subtask is completed so if multiple people are working on it the next person knows they can do their part of the task.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. the app on IOS or android should show a notification indicator on the app icon if a task is assigned a user.

IOS and android apps show a small number in a circle on the app icon as a notification you have a message. planner mobile apps need this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable us to receive the notification in the shared mailbox when a task is assigned

It would be great if you could implement a feature to receive the notification in the shared mailbox when a task is assigned.
    Additionally, it would be great if you could implement a feature to receive it in the external shared mailbox.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Status updates in a task should generate e-mail to all assigned in the task

Whenever status is updated in a task this should generate e-mail to all assigned to the task so they can efficiently follow the development. Right now it seems that you need to comment on the status in the task or be the creator before you receive e-mail.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notifications for manager/ leadership of the plans

With assigned tasks, is it possible to send notifications not only to the assigned task person but also the board managers/owners. It is a question one of our top leadership had and this is not a feature that is available in this application. I am not sure if there is a way to use the org chart within Office 365 or just who ever is the owners of the plans to get a notification of an task that has been assigned to an employee of the team that it is soon due and those that are late. We are trying…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Comment task directed to a person

It should be possible to send comments in the task to a specific person with a notification. Like: @John check the orders today.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide the ability to brand Planner notifications

Please provide the ability to brand Planner notification emails with the tenant company name and logo. Planner notification emails are from Microsoft Planner, and have the Microsoft logo in the body and the footer, which causes users to believe that the emails are either phishing, spam, or marketing emails. The ability to customize the Planner email template with company branding would greatly enhance the functionality of the notifications. Thanks for your consideration.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. i consider so usefull if i can put dates on activities in the check list inside of each task, and have notifications about its accomplished

I have one plan very detail on the planner, but each task have a checklist, one checklist can have until 8 activities, and there are some of these activities (in some cases all of them), that I need control with help of notification about its deadline, similar to task. my suggestion is to enable an option where I can put a stardate and finish date whit automatic notification in outlook.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. How to do Arlo Pro Login?

Arlo Sign In by typing it on the computer or mobile, the home security camera is in trend now, Contact us on the toll-free number, it will be redirected to one of the best experts or technicians, who will guide you in a very simple manner, so it is very easy. After performing the Arlo Pro Login, you will be able to keep an eye on all the premises around you. Send us an email or have a chat with us. You will get an instant reply. Call us and have a talk with the experts and know more about…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Planner notification email with on prem exchange(2016) (with hybrid configuratio)

Hello:
    we have on prem exchange (2016) with hybrid configuration. We have successfully configured mailflow between O365 and On prem exchange. But our planner task notifications emails are not working for our users which is a huge problem because we have project going live next month and we wanted them to work . I understand officially planner is not supported with on prem exchange as per MS article but is there any other workaround we can use?
    thank you in advance

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Notifications when I self-assign a task

I think it would be helpful and beneficial for there to be the same notifications when I assign something to myself. I need those reminders, just like when I assign a task to someone else.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base