Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications for a specific bucket

I have a specific bucket that contains attachments and other updates that I would like the whole group to be notified of. Rather than assign each task in the bucket to each member of the group every time a task is set up so they receive an email notification, is there a way to put settings on a bucket so anything in that bucket is notified to the whole group via email. I don't want the other buckets to be set up this way, just this one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Planner task notification improvements

There needs to be significant improvement in the notifications within planner. There should be an option (probably the default) of a daily digest email to reduce the number of notifications. Also need more granular control over who receives notifications, for e.g. all users, assigned users, users who have commented, specific users etc.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. government planner

The current government version does not have the notification function when a task is assigned or hybrid comments in planner. Please add these features.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to receive a notification whenever someone changes the status of or adds a comment to a task that I created or am assigned to.

I would like to receive a notification whenever someone changes the status of or adds a comment to a task that I created or am assigned to

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tracking progress of assigned tasks by team members

When a task is assigned to two and more colleagues it is not possible to aumomatically inform who has finalized or closed it. Either is the complete task closed or in working progress.
    Is there any way to follow up the status of the assigned task by team member in order to know who has already fulfilled it and who not?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mailnotification client

If I (client) assign someone to a task, if that person (recipient of the task) has completed the task, I (client) will receive a notification / email

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Link to bucket on cards

When a new task notification is sent it would really help if a link to the Planner and Bucket was also on the card. The task alone doesn't explain the whole project.

Bucket Name on the card (task) should be a link to the Bucket in Planner, that way the person receiving the task can see the entire project.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Over due tasks daily reminder by mail / mobile app till task is closed.

Over due tasks reminder by mail / mobile app to be sent every day to assigned person/persons as summary of for all due tasks till task is completed. options setting to be made available so the user can set reminder as per his requirement.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Give an option for a reminder

We are using Planner for a Kanban-Board in our Team. Tasks, which need to be discussed, in our regular meeting, are marked as "tbd".

Some tasks are taking a long time to be finished, so that an automated reminder (7 | 14 | 21 | etc. days) could help, to inform about the status, when the task wasn`t set to "tbd" for a long time.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. New Kindle Oasis is a gorgeous but too expensive e-reader

Looking more than ever like the printed page, Amazon’s new flagship Kindle e-reader is a beautiful device vulnerable only by its hefty $399 price tag.
    These days e-readers can effort to prove their worth when tablets and smartphones are everywhere. But even if you have these gadgets at your disposal, there are a few advantages in observing an e-reader like Amazon’s Kindle in your bag.
    visit @ https://help-kindle.com/news/new-kindle-oasis-is-a-gorgeous-but-too-expensive-e-reader/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Email notification should tell you which Plan/Bucket it came from

Email that says "You've been assigned a task!" should tell you which Plan and Bucket the task lives in.

The only way to find out is to click the link. Need faster way to scan/understand the nature of the task, in order to decide the urgency.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change default notification settings for whole team

Allow an admin/channel owner to set the 'default' notification settings for the whole team. In my specific situation the team is reluctant to use Teams due to the amount of email notification it sends them.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The creator or all assigned members of a task in Teams should get notifications for comments, progress changes etc

The notifications around Microsoft Teams Tasks do not align with how useful this app can be.. as the creator of a task I want to be notified via email preferably if somebody has commented on the task, made progress, completed etc. If I'm assigned to a collaboration task I also want to be notified when comments are made etc.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Reminders, Notify and Mobile app

Hello,
    1. I suggest that you can set reminders by day and time.
    2. Notify when a check list job is complete.
    3. Receive notification of mobile app when there are changes to tasks.
    Regards,

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Notification reminders for tasks

It will be good to have notification / reminders time period customization so that team can adjust it to meet project specific requirements. Currently, there is only 7 day option but ideally user/owner should be able to edit the timeline when system should push these notifications out for tasks.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make Change Notifications Clickable to see Changes

When I open Planner, I often see a notification popup that says "While you were away there were X changes" but then there's no way to click on the notification to see which changes so the message is fairly useless. Please provide insight into the changes, such as a click through to a changelog where the user can click on individual entries to open that card to see the changes.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Notification on changes off assigned tasks

I would like to have an notification option which I can activate and which sends me an email every time anything changes on a task where I've been assigned.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Integrate Planner Notifications with Teams Notifications

Allow users to choose for planner notifications to show up in Teams rather than in Email. We are using Teams for all inter-office communication and I receive notifications from Teams when I have a message there, but we still receive notifications in our email inboxes when we have a task assigned to us. If all notifications could happen in one location, ie. teams, it would be much simpler for everyone.

216 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Tag additional users in task

In assigned tasks, allow additional people to be tagged so they are notified when the task is completed

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base