Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assignment Help Online

We are a top rated Online service here with experts specializing in a wide range of disciplines ensuring you get the assignments that score maximum grades.
    https://www.totalassignmenthelp.com/instant-assignment-help

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need To Add @ Mentions To Comment Feed

Would love to see @Mentions in the comments feed

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow @ notifications for comments made within tasks

With multiple tasks assigned to multiple employees, whenever comments are made within those tasks it is often very difficult to recognize that comments have been added without actually going in and opening that specific task. It would be very beneficial to have some type of notification system such as @ notifications to alert someone that a comment has been made especially for important comments. The notification wouldn't need to be communicated via email or anything like that, just a notification within Teams or in Planner that maybe highlights that task to the person being notified prompting them to open the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. make Planner send emails to people to whom the next task is assigned

We need Planner to send an email to the next person assigned to review a set of documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Mute email notifications per plan

Have the option to mute notifications for a specific plan.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to ping the person assigned to the task when a comment is added

Ability to ping the person assigned to the task when a comment is added. Currently I believe it only goes to the person that created the task.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to send e-mail updates from comments ONLY to group owners

I have a planner for project management of support R&D for a broader group. I have members of the support function as Group Owners and the rest of the team as members. The support function staff want to use the comments section in the tasks for updates and communication, but we don't need these comments getting pushed to the rest of the team. Instead of asking the other team members to opt out of e-mail notifications, I'd like to limit the notifications to only the team owners.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Email Notifications to Personal Inbox for "Guest" Members Outside your Organization

We collaborate with a lot of clients "outside our organization". We create SharePoint sites and add them as "guest" members. We recently have been using Planner and adding a "Plan" to the SharePoint site page.

However, we have found that when a task is created and then assigned to a guest, or a comment is added to a particular task, that user is not receiving an email to their personal inbox. It would be helpful for the site or plan "owner(s)" to have the ability to easily switch this option on, so that these guest users receive the notifications and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. turn off emails for comments

Give the option to turn off emails when you put comments in a task. The task auto emails the team on everything anyone puts in comments

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Text Notification Option for New Tasks and Progress

I would like to see an option for text notifications of new tasks and their progress. This type of notification can be turned on/off and can be customized to individual or group needs. It is similar to a reminder, but more effective since nowadays most everyone reads their texts (at least much more than their emails).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Direct follow up with task assignees

Hi,

I believe it is very important that project managers have the ability to only follow up with the people assigned a task vs. the entire team through the comment feature.

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Due date "TEAMS" Notification

I should be able to set reminders along with the due to to remind me when tasks are due. (like Outlook)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. why cant i get TEAMS notification and items that are due.

I should be able to set reminders along with the due to to remind me when tasks are due.

Also i would be able to edit members access. My whole team doesn't need read/write/view access

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mentioning specific users in the comments area

Planner is almost a great tool for small business, but without the ability to direct comments to specific people, it falls just short. Ultimately I have to tell my employees to pay attention to a little indicator at the top of a given task to see if there are new comments. It's not realistic The same reasons that supported the development of the @username functionality apply here as well. The alternative has been to assign the task to multiple people so they are always notified when a comment is made in a task. Its not great. I don't want to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mentioning specific users in the comments area

Planner is almost a great tool for small business, but without the ability to direct comments to specific people it falls just short. Ultimately I have to tell my employees to pay to a little indicator at the top of a given task to see if there are new comments. It's not realistic The same reasons that supported the development of the @username functionality apply here as well. The alternative has been to assign the task to multiple people. Its not great. Although I do not want to come across as unappreciative. I respect the program, just would like to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Forget cash app pin

If you forget cash app pin. Then don't worry! We are here for you to guide. For more info visit us https://cantaccessmycashappaccount.blogspot.com/2020/02/how-to-activate-cash-app-card-fixed.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notification Emails and Increase Max # of Users that can be Assigned

I am requesting the capability to send a notification email to all assigned members on a specific Task within Planner.

Additionally, I would like to also request a method to automatically send a notification email on a certain date or by intervals of # of days to remind assigned personnel of the Task.

Lastly, I would like to have the numerical limitation of assigned members to be removed and/or the ability to assign a Team or Security Group to a Task as many tasks require an entire organization to complete.

Purpose:
    To notify members directly when a Task has been…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow to Watch list in each task to keep them updated about the changes and comments added to related tasks

When I add a task, I want to keep some of my teams aware about the changes on this particular task. Currently, only assignees will get notified.
    Assignees and Watch list are different.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Planner should not email comments to whole team

Comments made on a task should not got to everyone on the team site. Should only go to those following the channel where the planner resides.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Notify Teams when A Comment is Added to a task

It would be great if there was a feature that would allow any task activity such as comments to be sent as a Teams notification, but only to the people assigned to the task.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base