Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When I make a note on a planner task that is assigned to one of my employees, only I get a notificationn not who is assigned the task.

When I make a note on a planner task that is assigned to one of my employees, only I get a notification not the person assigned. Seems more intuitive they would get the notice, I already know I posted a note.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to choose who gets email when clicking on send in card.

People no longer assigned on Planner Cards are still being emailed when using the send option and others that were not on the card originally are not getting the emails.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Notification when editing the Checklist

When an item in a Checklist is crossed, I'd like to get a notification (me who has created the activity and the Checklist). Then I know progress without having to actively look it up myself. Also, I'd like to know who have checked a task from the Checklist and when. More stats so the Checklist can be followed up properly and then be a fantastic tool in Projects. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Reminder mail should have description in subject

The mail for notifications are not useful. The content needs to be incorporated in the subject, otherwise people just ignore them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Receive notifications if a comment has been made on a plan you've been assigned.

It would be wonderful if you've been assigned a plan and had the option to receive a notification when a team member has left a comment, regardless of whether or not you've already commented. Without these notifications communication is going under the radar on my team. I also think it would be more helpful to have notifications pushed through teams instead of email.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow ability to set members notifications for assigned task - Team project leaders should be able to force a notification.

If we want to be able to confidently use Teams to assign tasks, project leaders should be able to force email notification as a means of confirming that the Team member has been notified. As it stands if someone turns off notification, members assigning the tasks do not know that the assigned person has notifications turned off.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow status to be included in New Task notification

It would be helpful to include the task status on the notifications sent to individuals who the task has been assigned to. To make this happen I think the status selection would need to be made available when creating the task. This would be an efficient way to alert others when a task is urgent.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a time (in addition to date) to task reminder notification to assignee(s)

Task reminders only have a date. It would be great to have a time so it reminds people of a task x min before the due time/date like in outlook. Example of application is when the task is to attend a particular event/meeting.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Tag additional users in task

In assigned tasks, allow additional people to be tagged so they are notified when the task is completed

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ping a user in comment

Having the ability to ping a user on stains without being assigned

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Link to bucket on cards

When a new task notification is sent it would really help if a link to the Planner and Bucket was also on the card. The task alone doesn't explain the whole project.

Bucket Name on the card (task) should be a link to the Bucket in Planner, that way the person receiving the task can see the entire project.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Notification on changes off assigned tasks

I would like to have an notification option which I can activate and which sends me an email every time anything changes on a task where I've been assigned.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bucket

I have renamed a Bucket, yet when the Planner sends me email alerts for the items I have in that bucket, they still show up in the email with the old bucket name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notifications for a specific bucket

I have a specific bucket that contains attachments and other updates that I would like the whole group to be notified of. Rather than assign each task in the bucket to each member of the group every time a task is set up so they receive an email notification, is there a way to put settings on a bucket so anything in that bucket is notified to the whole group via email. I don't want the other buckets to be set up this way, just this one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Different notifications to different roles

I'd like to have a possibility to differ between people who has an action, and people who is only informed.
    As it is now, everyone gets the same message, and it confuses the receivers, that there is a lot of useful info in the e-mails, but no action points to them. The keep on asking me" What is my action in this case?"

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notifications when Tasks are moved.

I feel like this should just be built-in already, but I feel like there should be an option to enable notifications when a Task is moved from one Bucket to another. Or at least create a Flow to get this to work. I understand that it might be annoying for some people assigned to the Task that don't want to see the notifications, but that's why they should be able to opt in or out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to receive a notification whenever someone changes the status of or adds a comment to a task that I created or am assigned to.

I would like to receive a notification whenever someone changes the status of or adds a comment to a task that I created or am assigned to

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How to Recover Gmail Account ?

Get exchange your Google account password or Gmail through following some step on the pc and phone. You can alternate your password via any device like computers, phones and tablets. It might ask you to confirm google account data and through some steps you can change your password. Make certain you are using your non-public device to change Google password and I will be proper if you’ll use the same IP address to recover or change Google account password.
    Visit: https://www.geekisquad.com/blog/how-to-recover-gmail-account-and-password

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve layout of email updates from Planner

The email report for updates to a Task/Plan is uglier than a hat full of bums, and really scares off new users. I suggest the email include - the card, the nature of the last change, as well as perhaps the history of previous changes.

The subject line should not start with "Comments on Task" when a lot more than comments has changed. I propose that it change to "The Task [task name] has updated", then it should include changes every field, to status, date, proirty, checklist completion, etc - everything the user needs to under what has actually changed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base