Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reminder Function for Tasks in Teams Planner needed (for specific time)

I need to be able to define a specific reminder time whenever I set up a task in order to be alerted exactly when the task is due.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notifications popup through teams for planner tasks

When creating a planner event, the only way to get notifications is either through email or logging into a separate app. I would like to be able to set a timestamp for the task to start (not just a date) and be able to receive an alert on my desktop teams app I am logged into so I can be alerted when a task begins as well as when it is about to expire along with the past due alerts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The notice should be there when any plan is deleted or edited.

We are not receiving any notifications when any plan is getting deleted. This should be there to make admins aware of the changes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Email notifications for Exchange OnPrem users

Currently, if a user mailbox is in Exchange OnPremise they sometimes don't get the email notification letting them know that a task was assigned to them. Its a random issue, the user can receive 1 out of 3 assigned tasks notifications. Microsoft say this is a behavior by design, it is not an issue. This isn't ideal for a hybrid environment.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add task creator to task card

Add option to add 'task creator' to task card so that you do not have to search the comments to see who created the task.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How can you convert your visitors to paying visitors?

Your website design & content playing a leading role to convert your visitors to paying visitors. “Devstringx Technologies” vastly reputed custom software development company in India, Which offers complete IT services in your pocket-friendly budget. We offer web design, web development, complete software testing services, custom software development, mobile app development, digital marketing services, etc. Our management is proactive, trustworthy, engaging and capable to handle the copious amounts of work. We deliver work on time with satisfied of stakeholder projects requirement and its expectations. Customers are happy with our expertise after using our services.
    We have sound knowledge of automation…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Setting the notification timing in planner.

Setting the notification timing in planner is needed. It would be useful to change time of receiving the message. Usually it is sent by noon and I would like to be notified much earlier instead. For instance : if I have a visit today at 9 am . it is useless if I receive the message at noon instead of being notified at 6 am to be ready to do the visit at 9.am When I received the notification at noon as planner does now, I'll be late to the visit in case I forget it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow for notifications in the

Can you please add notifications to the app because now unless i am in planner i have no idea when things are being updated. The same thing for the app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Customize task reminders

It would be wonderful if the planner task reminders could be customized as they are in Outlook at this time.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like an auto email notification from MS Planner to copy myself & the assignee when I assign a task in MS Teams to my colleagues

I would like an auto email notification from MS Planner to copy myself & the assignee when I assign a task in MS Teams to my colleagues

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Email notifications that only go to the people in the task

Emails go to the entire Office 365 group when someone replies to a task in planner. A way to set it so it only goes to the users in the task.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable notifications for adding a note or comenting a Task in MS Teams - Planner.

It would be cool if you could enable settings for the MS Planner in Teams. When I add a task for somebody and afterward add a comment or a note, then the person wont be notified. Please integrate this option.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. priorities change. So there should be a way to Notify the user if the task priorities or deadlines change.

Priorities and deadlines sometimes change, Right now I dont see notifications if someone changes my priority or move the deadlines

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Planner Notification

Planner not sending notifications when the state, comments , priority etc. are changed. It only sends notification to any new person that is added, which is useless because everyone else on the task doesn't know what new comments are.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Custom field of Planner

It would be nice if the specific task ID can be edited by the user for traceability purpose

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Send notification to newly added team member at the time of they added.

it is observe that information related to given task was not shown to all team member except assign member, and also this plan was not shown to all team member in planner hub.
    This plan shows only when the task is assigned to particular member.
    So, i suggest you to send notification for newly added team member. when this notification given to the member then plan will show in planner hub. after that any member can see this information through planner hub.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Membership rights

Create leveled membership rights (i.e. admin/owner and member) so that admins have the ability to receive notifications of all activity of tasks within a planner. For example, if a task has been deleted, modified, or created then a notification is sent to the admins with who changed what and at what time/date. For member rights, they receive notifications only pertaining to tasks assigned to them.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Put the name of the plan in task assignment email

Currently when user receives task assignment email it says "You've been assigned a task!" in the subject then it has the task name and a button to open that task in Planner. Could you please put the plan name someplace in that email. We have alot of templated plans where the tasks are the same and they get these tasks in several plans at once. It would make the users really happy if they can easily see in the email what plan it is and not have to open the actual task in planner. Other notification emails like late tasks,…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow any user, regardless of their email client, to receive planner notifications

We are forced to use GSuite for our email and we are using SPO with the standalone SPO Plan 1 licensing. It appears that none of our users can get Planner notifications when a task is assigned/upcoming/past due because we don't use Outlook. Remove this restriction and allow notifications to be sent to any email address regardless of the client used. We currently receive SP alerts without issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base