Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Asana replacement with Planner is never possible due to limitations on color coding and Gantt View

Asana replacement with Planner is never possible due to limitations on color coding and Gantt View. Please can you share an update when these would be added to Planner? Its a huge cost to have two separate solutions...!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. LABELS

Along with the other's stating more Label colors, it would be nice to have the label color show in the schedule view (more visual).
    Currently you can filter by label, but it doesn't color code by label (shows all items white on schedule view). The only time color shows up when an items is "Late", and then it's highlighted Red.

Would also be nice to re-order the labels instead of ROYGBIV order.

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make a "linear" calendar view days across the bottom with a "stack of tasks" on each day. This would show busy days or bottle necks

Make a "linear" calendar view, days across the bottom with a "stack of tasks" on each day. This would show busy days or bottle necks for teams with finite resource.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add calendar settings options (first day of a week and date format)

There should be an option to choose which data format to display in tasks and in Schedule. Month number followed by a day number is not a standard for Europe. The same for first day of a week (for me it is definitely Monday not Sunday). I would like to be able to change these settings.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create Schedule a Meeting in Microsoft Planner

Improve the Planner to create meeting schedule and send to member of planner team.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sub-tasks with its own start/end dates

Having the ability to add sub-tasks with its own start/end dates

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Task dependencies! One can't even plan a wedding without this!

Dear Planner Team,

I work for a very large company that is in the process of rolling out Trello because Planner lacks this ONE feature.

We get it.

Microsoft needs to be careful not to cannibalize it's Project business.

That said, there are plenty of other vital features in Project that will sustain that product.

Have you never heard of the Innovator's Dilemma?

Allowing the low end of the market to be stolen out from beneath you is a very un-Christensen thing to do.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to show completed tasks in Schedule view

I want to use planner for a social posting calendar, so I need the ability to show completed tasks in schedule view

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. MS Teams Planner - start date in Tasks

Hello, I would like to have the start date in MS Teams Planner default to the current date in Tasks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tasks per hour with timeline view.

Allow functionality of booking tasks in per hour with timeline view. For example, an engineer has a job which will last 1 hour at 9am and another job which will last 2 hours at 10am. The ability to book a task for a certain amount of time and to also display that on a timeline view, preferably with showing multiple persons on the same page.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. input for the number of day for end date from start date I have team members on 28 Day rotations

I have team members on a 28 day rotation. instead or selecting the start and end date ( Manually calculating or counting the calendar days) it would be nice to have a cell to put the number of days (28 or random) from a start date and have Planner calculate the End Date.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enter a start time and a deadline

The same area where you add the deadline pr day - it would be nice if you could make it, from a hour aswell.

Like: 12:00 01-01-2020 - deadline: 15:00 02-01-2020

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Colours

Need the ability to colour code tasks within the schedule view. Having all tasks and buckets show up as the same colour makes the schedule view very ineffective. You should be able to do the following:

1.) Have each bucket be it's own colour in Schedule view

2.) Have priority items either be their own colour or have some kind of colour indication in Schedule view (maybe with a coloured dot that is red, yellow, green etc.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Drag and drop tasks to time slots you'd like to do them

Choose time slots (recurring, or just blocks of time every day/week manually) when you want to work. Then, you can drag and drop tasks (or steps in tasks) to those blocks of time (with estimated length of time specified for each task), so you see if you need to add working time, if you were trying to do too many tasks on one day, etc. rather than just seeing them by deadline.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add colour options to Buckets and People to be able to distinguish tasks in Schedule view.

Schedule view currently offers little value to my shared team board as we can't distinguish at a glance what needs to be done by whom, or in what buckets they fall.

The ability to colour code Buckets, Tasks and People so that you can then easily distinguish between these in Schedule view would be amazing. These could change depending on what you've selected in the "Group by" option.

So "Group by assigned to" would show each task with a different colour on the Schedule depending on who it was assigned to. "Group by Bucket" would show a different colour (selected…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to be able to see all tasks due during the week in the schedule mode instead of seeing (+4, or +6) more.

I can see in the schedule portion that I have certain tasks that are due. Example on 10/30, Open a new work order.
    If I want to see all the tasks due that day, I have to click the link for "+6 More." I would prefer if it showed all task that day. Or at least having the option to do so.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Calendar Updates

1. PLEASE make recurring tasks. please

2. When you date tasks within the same list, the should automatically be listed in order of the dates, right now you have to move them around and it can take forever

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Have schedule view to show not only week and month, but also for 3 month to 6 month views, similar to Microsoft Project.

Basically when viewing tasks in the schedule view, it would be useful if i can view not only in weekly or monthly, but also across the entire task duration of say 3 to 6 months. This kid of view is already available in Microsoft Project, and gives an easy and quick view of various tasks across the project timeline.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add schedule view to mobile apps

Please add the schedule view to the mobile app. Add the ability to view the list of tasks and drag and drop to the days as a way of planning order.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base