Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy&Paste of Images from clipboard.

It would be nice, if we can copy saved images from clipboard directly to a task.

An example Workaround:

1. found an bug in a design.

2. make an image of it with "Snipping Tool"

3. copy the content to clipboard

4. copy the content of the clipboard directly to a task with STRG-V

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add in "Followers" for tasks/task groups

I believe that assigning a task should only be included on one person, so that there is always a certain individual that is responsible for a task. But it would be very helpful to have "Followers" of a task (or an entire task group/column) so that these people receive all the updates about a particular task, but don't have the responsibility of completing the task.

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add time estimate field to the card

A field to have an estimate on the card

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Cancelled and On Hold to Planner processes

In addition to Not Started, In Progress and Complete, I need a Cancelled and On Hold progress status

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. color code different plans

I would like to see in "my task" which plan the task belongs to. Preferably by color coding. (similar to tagging a task) You should only have to set the color for the plan and nåt all indivial tasks.

I would alse prefer the tag to be visable in the "my task" view.

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Tasks to be moved between Plans/Boards - Reopen

This task was CLOSED since the description said "copy or move" but the response is clearly we want to do what the subject line said.

Currently you can only move Tasks to different Buckets within a Plan/Board. It would be very useful to be able to also move them to different Plans/Boards and retain history when reorganizing or re-assigning tasks.

See discussion at https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/14890458-allow-tasks-to-be-moved-between-plans-boards

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. warn before deleting a task

At the moment, if you have created a plan you can delete it. Also, any group member can delete a bucket...in both these cases the usual "are you sure you want to delete this" warning box pops up. If you delete a task (which any group member can do) no warning is given...this has already resulted in several misclicks deleting tasks inadvertently by my project managers and their teams so a warning box for task deletion should be installed.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. import files by drag & drop to board

If i drag and drop on a planner board, Chrome opens the file as on my desktop in the window. I want to drag and drop anywhere on a board for the file to just upload. Like Trello.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add "List View"

Why isn't there a simple list view in planner ? Box are too big and isn't pratical when you have a lot of projects. On my screen, I can see only fives box. In a real list, I will see perhaps 40 lines.

I c'ant understand why developper don't think a regular list view like a board whit lines and collomns. It's a elementary mistake in a so good project.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Search completed tasks

Please allow for the search/filter to search completed tasks. Sometimes need to look up a completed task and there's no good method to do so. I'd want to search completed tasks by the 6 "ribbons", date added, date completed, and who it was assigned to, in addition to the task name.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. List View of Tasks

Tasks should have a table based list view so many tasks can be see at once. Scrolling through cards on a board often makes it hard to visualize the project as a whole.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sharing Tasks with other Plans or Boards

It would be great be able to share tasks with other board, that way cross over tasks that may involve mulitple groups or plans do not need to be manually duplicated and then updated separately. And this would allow manager to see everything there group is tasked with at one time even if involve another project.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable drag & drop in Safari (Mac)

Despite the fact that Safari is listed as the default Mac OS X browser for Office 365, drag and drop functions in O365 are generally not supported. In Planner, Safari (Mac) - at least for me - does not allow reordering of items in a checklist, tasks on the Board, or dragging a task from one bucket to another. All of these work fine in Chrome (Mac) and Firefox (Mac).

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Tasks only showing due date - insert start date as well.

When looking at the tasks on the Board page within a plan, Planner only currently shows the due date. If a plan consists of multiple buckets and multiple tasks, some will have different start dates but the same due date; others will not be able to start until another task is completed. This currently lacks clarity on the Board page...showing the start date, whether already past or in the future, would enhance the ability of all to see the proposed timeline, for project leads to sort tasks in order of planned completion, and for team members to prioritise ongoing tasks…

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Would like the ability to add a person to just one task without them seeing the entire plan.

It would be useful to be able to add a certain person to be able to view a certain task or set of tasks within the plans without being able to access the entire plan.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Drag & drop images and other documents into a task (auto first dragged item as example for the task)

It is fast and easy. Drop any document you want into a task and make the first item auto example for thattask.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. assign members to checklist

Users should be able to assign checklist items to plan members by using the @-sign. Like in Outlook

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Copy a Board

A good feature would be even copying such a Board. Maybe even as a template

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Custom progress

Hi,

We have limited progress statuses right now which are ToDo, In progress and completed. Hope we can customize this soon

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. permissions

It would be great if we could put an entire team into a plan, but some team members can only add something to a single bucket list and the others have read-only permissions. Is this possible? Here I think very strongly of agencies that work with development and concept and designers. One could create a kind of Scrum process where customer advisors can create tasks and afterwards the work can be carried out by the individual departments. Furthermore, there should then be a bucket list such as verification, here the customer advisor can comment again, upload images .... to list…

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base