Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The monthly view of the schedule calendar in Planner

On the web page, if there are multiple tasks it shows at "+3 more" or however many takes and it's right algined so it's confusing becuse it's closer to the date of the next day. Either there needs to be little lines to devide the days on the calendar or the "+3 more" tasks button needs to be aligned under the number of the date it's on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 365 Planner - Notebook rename

to my dismay, you cannot change the name of the notebook associated to a planner group.This is the last of many obvious-things-to-be-implemented that is missing from the Office 365 infrastructure.

Honestly, I don't understand how Microsoft could have placed this thing on the market in a such immature state of development.

I am really disappointed by my own ICT department, that was not able to detect such a (brown) bomb incoming and by Microsoft itself, which clearly has no respect for its customers.

Sincerely,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A plan schedule should be a sub schedule( or calendar) of the group schedule

Groups appear by default on outlook. On the calendar view, plan calendar should be a sub calendar under its corresponding group by default. It should not be in the other calendar category. Also, by default when an user chooses to view the group calendar, the planner calendars should be visible as well. The user should have the option to turn off the planner calendars by expanding the group and unchecking them. The current step of having to manually add the planner calendar to outlook from the planner web app will create confusion.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. No Bookmark to filtered bucket list

I can not bookmark a filtered bucket list

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. My Tasks: I can not create new tasks

When I open in the "Planner-> My Tasks", I can not create new tasks. Only when I click on the favorites on a bucket, I have the opportunity to create new tasks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. My Tasks: I can not create new tasks

When I open in the "Planner-> My Tasks", I can not create new tasks. Only when I click on the favorites on a bucket, I have the opportunity to create new tasks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. admin create plans for the users

Let admins create plans for other users and set a user as owner of the plan (the same fonction as in Teams)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Planner Owner and assignees

We use Planner within our audit team, where each Bucket represents a stage of the audit. Each client is represented by a single Task in this Plan with detailed activities captured in a checklist. Labels are also used to add further stage info within each bucket.

Each audit team responsible for that client are assigned to that client task, however what would be useful is to know which of the assignees is responsible for the next action when you filter by user. The way we have worked around is to only assign a single user responsible for progressing the next…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Default Views - Another basic feature that is missing from Planner. I see many other posts but no replies about when this will be added.

Default Views - Another basic feature that is missing from Planner. I see many other posts but no replies about when this will be added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Entering notes within the task

It would be good to have a feature that allows you to leave notes within the task that do not get automatically emailed. These notes would typically be status updates or diary entries so you can keep track of what you have done. These notes do not need to be emailed. They just stay with the task.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change the Planner Group Email address when the Planner Group Name is updated

When a Planner Group name is updated, the underlying Group Email address does not change from the original name assigned.

I can quite see that some Group email addresses will need to remain unchanged, but in many cases this discontinuity is highly confusing.

Please enable check-the-box options on the Manage Group pane to either auto-update the group email address to align with the new group name, or else enter a manual email address override, for use when different plans/groups can share the same group mailbox.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Gmail Password Recovery Information Tips

A number of such situations can occur when a user has to go to Gmail password recovery. It might happen that in the long run, you are suffering the issue of ‘forgot Gmail password’ as you have not accessed the account for a long period of time. There is a possibility that the user has recently reset the password and now remembers the past password forgetting the recent one.

At times, you may have set a complicated password and then forgotten it while trying to log in after a few days. In those situations, our Gmail support team assists you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Include the ability to run reports

Hello!

We'd like the ability to run reports to quickly determine how many tasks/projects someone completes in a specific time-frame.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow comments to be read when O365 Message Encryption is turned on

If O365 Message Encryption is turned on, then comments are encrypted. So all the other users see is the standard message "you've been sent an encrypted message. Click here to read it"
    Instead encryption for Planner comments should be disabled, or a user should be able to read the encrypted comments, just like they do if they use Outlook Web to read encrypted emails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Keywords to set a due date quickly as Todoist

One of the greatest productivity feature in Todoist is the ability to type Monday, Tuesday and that will set the due date to this next monday. Or there are shortcut such as "in two weeks" etc. That would help create taks really fast and be really appreciated to use planner.

Exemple : https://get.todoist.help/hc/en-us/articles/205325931-Due-Dates-Times

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A separate To-do tab for every channel in the team

I have 6 different channels in my team, but the tasks are like an overview of all(general channel).
    Not very ideal, when I have to filter every single time when I have to check the tasks in the channels.

Is it possible to have a separate To-Do list for eery channel?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make all backwards compatible games redeemable by use of pre purchased Xbox currencies

Make all backwards compatible games redeemable by use of pre purchased Xbox currencies .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Embedding the planner to SharePoint, please

Hi, This is very useful tool, perfect when you use it along. However, in real word, you cannot expect people jump around between outlook, planner, sharePoint. you have plenty of smart people develop hundreds of good tools but all of them work along. It does not help because no workers can click 3 or 4 different places/sites to get one function. We do need Embedding code for "Planner" appear on SharePoint site. otherwise, 10 or 100 tools does not make sense in real business world. The only result is increase company expenditure on IT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base