Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need to add the doc lib, calendar into the site space.

Need to add the document, calendar into the plan site to give the user a total view of information needed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug - My plans keep disappearing from Planner Hub

Please fix this bug in planner - my plans keep disappearing from Planner Hub once I click on any existing O365 Public/Private groups that list next to my plan in PLanner Hub

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a vverview Snapshot of the current tasks in an e-mail

Create with a one click button an overview/snapshot of the current tasks to share that with a Team/customer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Request a way to limit access by outside contractors

We use outside contractors...a lot. Need a way to share tasks with them efficiently without creating duplicates of these tasks. Admins should be able to adjust the security of the contractor users.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Planner domain

When we open Planner from the top-left menu in Office 365, Planner is opening on the following URL:
    https://tasks.office.com/mydomain.onmicrosoft.com/

However we would like it to be using our domain instead of microsoft's, like this:
    https://tasks.office.com/mydomain.com/

How can we change the domain for Planner?

Office 365 Domain is mydomain.com. Need to have Planner under the same domain.

Thank you,

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Labels and comments get lost

My labels and comments within tasks get lost as soon as I switch plans or on a day to day basis. This is really annoying.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Admin Console

Build planner into a configurable tool for variable size team collaboration. Some teams need more or less notifications, emails, statuses, roles, reporting, etc. Enhanced smartly, Planner could rival Atlasssian's Jira workflow management capabilities.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add icon to plans

The short-cuts on the left side of the user interface is useful for jumping between different plans. However, it only shows two letters for each group e.g. CB for consumer b2b.
    It would be great if a plan/group could have an icon instead to make it recognizable.

260 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Duplicate a Project including associated ON File

I intend to use the plan to manage the training needs of a very large organisation.

Every member of staff will have a training plan which we will treat as a project linked to sways.

What I like is the very visual way we can monitor and manage training needs.

A key requirement is to monitor and manage evidence of understanding. The associated ON file provides the ideal platform to associate evidence with the standards. We will also use the ON file to manage appraisal etc.

Supervisors as members of the training, support and manage completion of the training. They…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to paste a screenshot directly from clipboard

By pasting Cnrl + V should automatically upload the screenshot as a file to a dedicated folder whithin the Office group and link it to the task within Planner

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Date format

The date format is fixed to mm/dd/yyyy, could this please be selectable based on your region - for example we use dd/mm/yyyy

Thanks

1,539 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

311 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As an update, since we’ve still been seeing issues around date formatting, so we’re pursuing another fix that should help: If you’re using Planner within Teams, we will default to using the same language/local as Teams.

If you’re seeing this issue persist outside of Teams and your language/locale is set properly for your Office account, please let us know in the comments below!

Thanks,
    The Planner Team

12. sync projects between members

We are experiencing problems where the view of a project project differs between members. certain boxes are ticked in one member's view but aren't showing as ticked in another members view

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. First and Lastname do not change on planner

When my account was created the first and lastname where filled in incorrectly. When changing these in O365 admin the names did not resolve into planner. The wrong names still appear.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Alert button from documents to the planner

In the documents section of each group there is an alert button that allows you to set alerts when documents change, are added, etc. If I could have this same feature for the planner that would be great. Right now, we only receive a notification when a task is created. I would like to be able to set reminders (1 week, 3 days, 24 hours, etc.) for when the due date is coming up. That would drastically improve workflow.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add description field to buckets

It would be great to be able to add some additional info to the Buckets, for example being able to list the criteria that must be met for a task to move from one bucket to the next (the Definition of Done or Policy). It could also be used to describe the work item limit for the bucket.

Tom

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show all plans without entering the Group (for admins)

Admins should have the opportunity to show all Office plans within the organization without entering the Group.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Set default views

Can we have the ability to setup default views? Would be nice to have the team to access the plan and go to a predefined view that is easier to consume. I have a project with multiple members and its hard to track each ones actions for them when the access the tools and it goes straight to board view. Can we have the ability to have them go to the charts view with predefined filters? That would help make it visual as chart is a dynamic dashboard that makes it easier to track each peoples tasks.

1,128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

171 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support zooming and fullscreen

Planner Cards take a lot of screen estate. It would be good to introduce a Fullscreen mode, e.g. as realized in PowerBI, and also to provide a zoom slider as seen in the Office programs

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option To Close / Complete Plan

Perhaps I am missing it but I can't find a way to close a plan when its complete. The hub view always shows all plans and is quite cluttered already.

488 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Include the bucket name in all email the Planner sends

Specifically, when I add a comment to a task, and email goes out to all group members. The subject of the email is the name of the task. The body is my comment. There is no way in the email to tell what bucket the task is part of. Perhaps include a link in the email to the task and comment in the Planner tool.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base