Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create custom options for 'progress' status at task level and checklist line level (i.e. ability to add 'On Hold' or 'Not Applicable')

Currently, there are three options for the 'Progress' field status. You can either keep the status as 'Not Started' (default), or update to 'In Progress' or 'Completed'. However, there are many instances during a project that the task becomes null or on hold, for which you would want the ability to create custom progress status labels such as 'On Hold' or 'Not Applicable'. You may not want to delete the item in order to track tasks that were created through the term of the project, in which case 'Not Applicable' will be useful.

Another suggestion would be to also add…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create custom board and list views from filter

Ability to create board and list views from custom filters.

We need to be able to pull data from multiple projects and show them in a custom view based on a predefined filter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Google Messages to Finally Add End-to-End Encryption for RCS

An internal analysis says that the latest update in the process.
    Google Messages are about to introduce the encryption feature for RCS, which will be end to end. 9to5 Google confirmed the news regarding the introduction of RCS through APKMirror. RCS or Rich Communication Services is set to offer everything that most of the text messaging services do will succeed in SMS messaging. But, there is a big difference between Rich Communication Services provided by Google Messages and other messaging services like iMessage and Signal. Most of the messaging services, including Signal or iMessage, grant end to end encryption, but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Refuse a task

allow person assigned to refuse a new task with explanation and tracability.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. @TEAM Member function in the the comments sections.

Please make the function to use the @teammember function in Task Comments, just like the MS TEAMS comment area.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow a NOT option for filters

I would like to have the option to select a filter and mark a NOT to do the item. For example to select a label and then find all the cards that do NOT have that label.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be nice to see Planner have a dark mode that can be enabled or set automatically based on the Windows color theme.

Add dark mode functionality and or set color theme to match Windows color theme. This is already available in To Do and it's a great feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Task permissions

Currently, everyone could delete a task. In addition to this, there is neither a tracking of deleted task, nor archived.

It is a must the owner to be able to set task permissions - read; read/write access, delete, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Booking should be reservation at same time with same person

Booking just can create one reservation at same time with same person,
    I think it should be not with this restrict.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More logical options to add files to Planner (specifically from within Teams)

When adding or editing a task in a Planner from Teams tab, the options to add a file are not logical.

The likelihood is that the task refers to either a file that is already in Teams or one that is in OneDrive.

The "SharePoint" option needs to say "Teams" when working within Teams.

And there needs to be a OneDrive option, as there is throughout Teams.

This would make the experience consistent and avoid the duplication of files by users who are unsure of how to proceed. Many new Teams users don't necessarily recognize that calling to "SharePoint" enables…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More logical options to add files to Planner (specifically from within Teams)

When adding or editing a task in a Planner from Teams tab, the options to add a file are not logical.

The likelihood is that the task refers to either a file that is already in Teams or one that is in OneDrive.

The "SharePoint" option needs to say "Teams" when working within Teams.

And there needs to be a OneDrive option, as there is throughout Teams.

This would make the experience consistent and avoid the duplication of files by users who are unsure of how to proceed. Many new Teams users don't necessarily recognize that calling to "SharePoint" enables…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. overview video

It would be great to get a short video on what Planner is, why people should use it. It would be really helpful for our communications and to add to the Learning Pathways site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Indicate for each member which notification they receive

Add a function to indicate in front of each member what type of notifications can be received

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Global Tasks

Global tasks would allow an organization to set goals or tasks that should be completed within EVERY Plan. So things like training goals / tasks, or HR related milestones, or other could be set up for an organization. It would also be great it they can be split up by ROLE or by GROUP related Tasks.

Furthermore, as a way of handling metrics for those RECURRING tasks, it would be nice to be able to determine how long it usually takes an individual to complete those tasks so you can gauge your personal effectiveness with the tasks as you continue…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The planner user's as the first option in the assignment filter list

When I go to apply the assignment filter, to know the tasks assigned to me, I have to search for my name. The first name of the filter list can be as the user's own name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. View ONLY action of Planner Tasks

Right now, anyone can add/change/modify the tasks in planner, if you have access to the Planner. Recommend providing a VIEW ONLY feature. I am a member of many teams more on an advisory level. When accessing Planner to review status and/or prepare for meetings with the team, it is very easy to accidentally "complete" tasks when opening the cards. I can correct this right away, but would prefer that I only had "read-only" access. It would seem this would be a normal use case for the tool.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to set up a default to-do list within a task when I create a new task

I use Planner for assigning incoming work items to those on my team. Each time I create a new task to assign the job, I have to write out the same list of sub-tasks (checkbox items) but would love to just have this pre-populated when I hit 'Add task'

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Define who can approve a task

In the plan, it would be ideal for the person creating the task to define whether the task needs approval or who can approve it.

My collaborators have completed tasks without having been satisfactorily completed.

It is necessary to send a notification of the modified tasks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow global admins view number of tasks using the UI or Powershell

We are trying to clean up some of our 365 groups and we have no clue which ones have active planner tasks associated with them to get them migrated to other groups. I would love it if there is a feature to let us know which ones have tasks without needing to add admins to groups.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Export Planner to Excel - Date and Time

Dear admin, is it possible to tweak a Planner excel export and have time stamp in addition to the date. Basically, can you change the date to the date and time format. This is very useful when using to create audit evidence and allows to track the completion and creation time. There is no option to have versioning in the Planner yet, as far as I know.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 139 140
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base